SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A paradigm for understanding Kerry emanations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: A paradigm for understanding Kerry emanations Reply with quote

I propose this paradigm for understanding the emanations of one Senator John Kerry:

Mr. Kerry was said to be a "star debater" at Yale.

One key strength of debaters is the ability to debate an issue from any angle, pro or con, yea or nay, regardless of personal opinion.

Kerry proves himself a debater only - in being able to take multiple positions on an issue, sometimes in the same sentence - while simultaneously proving he has no central core beliefs nor morality nor leadership qualities.

Leaders do not debate issues from multiple angles; their opinions have a consistent moral basis; they make decisions and stick to them; they LEAD.

-- FDL
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A paradigm for understanding Kerry emanations Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
I propose this paradigm for understanding the emanations of one Senator John Kerry:

Mr. Kerry was said to be a "star debater" at Yale.

One key strength of debaters is the ability to debate an issue from any angle, pro or con, yea or nay, regardless of personal opinion.

Kerry proves himself a debater only - in being able to take multiple positions on an issue, sometimes in the same sentence - while simultaneously proving he has no central core beliefs nor morality nor leadership qualities.

Leaders do not debate issues from multiple angles; their opinions have a consistent moral basis; they make decisions and stick to them; they LEAD.

-- FDL

Hmm, I thought the would be a thread about Kerry and the paranormal.

However, your observation is correct.

Kerry does have one core value though, and that is Kerry himself. All through the day, I me mine I me mine I me mine, all through the night, I me mine I me mine I me mine. Screw his fellow soldiers, screw the POW's, screw America.

A grand comeuppance is in order, and I believe on the way! Laughing

Zell Miller
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only say that I agree with the remarks regarding Kerry. However a Leader still must look at some situations from multiple angles, but when a course of action is chosen it must be followed through on. Of course as we all know about "Plans", they all go out the window when the action takes place. The Core Belief and Ideals behind the plan remain unchanged though.
This is definately something Kerry lacks, the ability to move beyond the "Debate" and into the Action phase.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
I would only say that I agree with the remarks regarding Kerry. However a Leader still must look at some situations from multiple angles, but when a course of action is chosen it must be followed through on. Of course as we all know about "Plans", they all go out the window when the action takes place. The Core Belief and Ideals behind the plan remain unchanged though.
This is definately something Kerry lacks, the ability to move beyond the "Debate" and into the Action phase.

Looking at issues from multiple angles is fine; attempting to STAND BY AND SUPPORT those multiple angles (especially during a time of war) is the problem.

As for "plans", yes, Mr. Kerry has a plan. The same plan he had for Vietnam.

A plan to lose.

Chuck54 wrote:
Hmm, I thought the would be a thread about Kerry and the paranormal.

Yes - John Kerry and his Great Medical Foresight will Heal The Infirm - Rolling Eyes

More likely he'll be the "007 Doc" - Licensed to kill. Wink

Alternately, we can dub him "VIOXX John"... Twisted Evil

-- FDL
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
rb325th wrote:

Looking at issues from multiple angles is fine; attempting to STAND BY AND SUPPORT those multiple angles (especially during a time of war) is the problem.

As for "plans", yes, Mr. Kerry has a plan. The same plan he had for Vietnam.

A plan to lose.
-- FDL
What I said, just a little differently. I honestly do not see that he "has a Plan". He has changed his stance too much. The one he has published is "Bush Lite". He just can not get beyond the debate as a real Leader can and does.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One key strength of debaters is the ability to debate an issue from any angle, pro or con, yea or nay, regardless of personal opinion

Just venting, 'cause it sure isn't going to change anything. I think the whole concept of a "debate" is just plain stupid, at least by the contest rules of high school and college. By these artificial rules, you are absolutely correct.

But is this kind of "contest" really what the American voters need? I think emphatically NOT. As far as I'm concerned this whole notion of debates can be forever forgotten, unless and until it is put into a format that is seriously concerned with providing a valid informational input to the voters.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
But is this kind of "contest" really what the American voters need? I think emphatically NOT.

Agreed. That kind of artificial forum gives spinners with "debating" skills like Kerry the opportunity to con others.

If we had a MSM that would comment factually on the substance of the debates, the problem would be much less severe. But as the MSM is now dead as as an objective reporter of the facts, and has become merely a scribe for the pronouncements of the left, the "debates" become superfluous.

-- FDL
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Presidentail Debates only serve to provide the media with another chance to pontificate and influence voters. I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm sure there are a LOT of folks out there will in fact make their choice based upon a perceived edge in appearance, and with no actual knowledge of the facts.

THOSE are the folks we need to educate. But THOSE are the folks that the media will die before giving up...
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
THE NARCISSISTIC VAMPIRE CHECKLIST

THE SMARTEST, MOST TALENTED, ALL-AROUND BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD TEST:

True or false? Score one point for each true answer.

1. THIS PERSON HAS ACHIEVED MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE HIS OR HER AGE.

2. THIS PERSON IS FIRMLY CONVINCED THAT HE OR SHE IS BETTER, SMARTER, OR MORE TALENTED THAN OTHER PEOPLE.

3. THIS PERSON LOVES COMPETITION, BUT IS A POOR LOSER.

4. THIS PERSON HAS FANTASIES OF DOING SOMETHING GREAT OR BEING FAMOUS, AND OFTEN EXPECTS TO BE TREATED AS IF THESE FANTASIES HAD ALREADY COME TRUE.

5. THIS PERSON HAS VERY LITTLE INTEREST IN WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE THINKING OR FEELING, UNLESS HE OR SHE WANTS SOMETHING FROM THEM.

6. THIS PERSON IS A NAME DROPPER.

7. TO THIS PERSON IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LIVE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND ASSOCIATE WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

8. THIS PERSON TAKES ADVANTAGE OF OTHER PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE HIS OR HER OWN GOALS.

9. THIS PERSON USUALLY MANAGES TO BE IN A CATEGORY BY HIM OR HERSELF.

10. THIS PERSON OFTEN FEELS PUT UPON WHEN ASKED TO TAKE CARE OF HIS OR HER RESPONSIBILITIES TO FAMILY, FRIENDS, OR WORK GROUP.

11. THIS PERSON REGULARLY DISREGARDS RULES OR EXPECTS THEM TO BE CHANGED BECAUSE HE OR SHE IS IN SOME WAY SPECIAL.

12. THIS PERSON BECOMES IRRITATED WHEN OTHER PEOPLE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY DO WHAT HE OR SHE WANTS THEM TO DO, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR NOT COMPLYING.

13. THIS PERSON REVIEWS SPORTS, ART, AND LITERATURE BY TELLING YOU WHAT HE OR SHE WOULD HAVE DONE INSTEAD.

14. THIS PERSON THINKS MOST CRITICISMS OF HIM OR HER ARE MOTIVATED BY JEALOUSY.

15. THIS PERSON REGARDS ANYTHING SHORT OF WORSHIP TO BE REJECTION.

16. THIS PERSON SUFFERS FROM A CONGENITAL INABILITY TO RECOGNIZE HIS OR HER OWN MISTAKES. ON THE RARE OCCASIONS THAT THIS PERSON DOES RECOGNIZE A MISTAKE, EVEN THE SLIGHTEST ERROR CAN PRECIPITATE A MAJOR DEPRESSION.

17. THIS PERSON OFTEN EXPLAINS WHY PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER KNOWN THAN HE OR SHE IS NOT REALLY ALL THAT GREAT.

18. THIS PERSON OFTEN COMPLAINS OF BEING MISTREATED OR MISUNDERSTOOD.

19. PEOPLE EITHER LOVE OR HATE THIS PERSON.

20. DESPITE THIS PERSON'S OVERLY HIGH OPINION OF HIM OR HERSELF, HE OR SHE IS REALLY QUITE INTELLIGENT AND TALENTED.

Scoring: Five or more true answers qualifies the person as a Narcissistic Emotional Vampire, though not necessarily for a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality. If the person scores higher than ten, and is not a member of the royal family, be careful that you aren't mistaken for one of the servants.

By ALBERT J. BERNSTEIN, Ph.D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: