SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBS Bush/Kerry story 10-12-04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mi2bits
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: PBS Bush/Kerry story 10-12-04 Reply with quote

On Oct. 12, 2004, PBS did a two hour show on Bush/Kerry. Appeard very biased to me. How can they do this, yet there is such a howl about Sinclair TV presenting Stolen Honor?
AFNSAMom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was beginning to wonder if I were the only one that noticed this; I'm grateful for your post!

I would encourage everyone that found PBS's FRONTLINE: The Choice 2004 biased to let PBS know.

When I emailed my concern to PBS ( Along with a request that they even it up by showing Stolen Honor, ) this is the response I received:

-- AFNSA Mom

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Maryland Public Television.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about "Frontline: The Choice 2004". We’re dismayed to learn that you were so displeased with the content within “Frontline: The Choice 2004.” I spoke with the program director first thing this morning and he called the main PBS office, we were told that the White House, primarily Laura Bush contributed to and approved of the content within the 2nd hour of the program (the hour that was the biography of President Bush).

We’ve been encouraged by PBS to have viewers that were displeased with the program contact the Frontline producers or contact WGBH to voice their complaints.

If you'd like to send an e-mail to the producers of Frontline: The Choice 2004" you can do so from this link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/contact/

If you'd like to send mail to Frontline here is the address:

Frontline

125 Western Ave.

Boston, MA 02134

Or you can WGBH (the producing station) at 617-300-5400

If you'd like to see the program again, or read the transcript, you can do so from the Frontline website here www.pbs.org./frontline

The program will be available on-line, beginning October 15th, for free viewing from here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2004/

You can access a full transcript of the program (for free) from here in approx 1 week: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2004/etc/tapes.html

I’ll be certain to let the programming department know we’ve had a request for “Stolen Honor”.

Angela Myers
Viewer Services Coordinator
Maryland Public Television

* email: angelamyers@mpt.org
( office: 410.581.4097
( fax: 410.581.4377
· availability: Monday – Friday / 9:00am - 5:00pm
MPT website
www.mpt.org
PBS Website
www.pbs.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: