SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-MAIL PBS???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: E-MAIL PBS??? Reply with quote

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/press/2301.html

Can anybody provide PBS e-mail address for director of programming?

Time to launch e-mail attack at PBS.

Get everyone you know to protest this pro-Kerry
propaganda TODAY!! They use our tax dollars!!

Also to local PBS stations to ask them not to broadcast it.

We need to swamp them today since the program will run tomorrow.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Start Here Reply with quote

They are funded by
Corporation For Public Broadcasting

They get out tax dollars!!
They are OBLIGATED TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED.
Now they can air CLEAR THE SKIES!!

This is their executive producer and creator.

David Fanning began his filmmaking career in 1970 in his native South Africa.

His first films, "Amabandla AmaAfrika," (1970), and "The Church and Apartheid," produced for BBC-TV, (1972), dealt with race and religion in his troubled homeland. He came to the U.S. in 1973 and began producing and directing local and national documentaries for KOCE, a public television station in California. His film "Deep South, Deep North," (1973), was a PBS/BBC co-production and the first of a long succession of co-productions between U.S. and European television.

In 1977, David Fanning came to WGBH/Boston to start the international documentary series, World. As executive producer, he produced and presented over fifty films for PBS in five years.

In 1980, Fanning returned to the field and produced and co-wrote, with director Antony Thomas, "Death of a Princess." The film created an international uproar. Then, in 1982, again with Thomas, he produced "Frank Terpil: Confessions of a Dangerous Man," which won the Emmy for Best Investigative Documentary.

That same year, Fanning began developing a weekly documentary series for PBS. When FRONTLINE premiered in January 1983, the documentary series was hailed as "the last, best hope for the TV documentary." After nearly two decades, FRONTLINE remains America's only regularly scheduled public affairs documentary series on television. The series has won all of the major awards for broadcast journalism, including Emmy Awards, Peabody Awards, George Polk Awards, Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Awards, and du-Pont Columbia University Awards -- including two prestigious Gold Batons.

As both its creator and Senior Executive Producer, Fanning believes FRONTLINE occupies an essential place on American television. "The networks have all but abandoned the long-form documentary," he says. "FRONTLINE is one place for the literate, concerned, and thoughtful voice on television. But it's clearly not enough. There should be many more places on television for ideas and films to explore our society and our world."

home » previous reports » watch online » about us » teacher center » newsletter » email FRONTLINE
privacy policy » wgbh » pbsi

new content copyright ©1996-2004 pbs online and wgbh/frontline

I will do more search when I get a moment.
Good Luck
Mary Ann Parker
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Another Person To Contact Reply with quote

Shawa

Here is the other dude at Frontline.

I cannot be sure, study it carefully, but I believe he is an old
colleague, fellow student, supporter, something! pro-Kerry.
Again, I am not sure but the alert is up.
Hope it helps.
Make it a great day.
Mary Ann Parker

Michael Sullivan was promoted to executive producer for special projects in 2002 after serving as the series senior producer and then executive producer. Sullivan has supervised the production of many major FRONTLINE projects including, most recently, "Faith and Doubt at Ground Zero" in 2002.

During his tenure, Sullivan has overseen dozens of FRONTLINE projects such as the highly acclaimed "The Gulf War" mini-series; "The Choice 1996," a dual biography of Bill Clinton and Bob Dole; the investigations of the savings and loan scandal, "Other People's Money" and "The Great American Bailout;" investigations of the drug war, "The Noriega Connection" and "The Dallas Drug War;" and other investigative projects, including "The Bank of Crooks and Criminals," "Anatomy of an Oil Spill," and "Who Killed Adam Mann?" which was awarded a duPont-Columbia Silver Baton.

A graduate of Harvard University, Sullivan began his broadcast career as a news and documentary cameraman in Portland, Oregon, his home state. In 1976, he moved to WCCO-TV, the distinguished CBS affiliate in Minneapolis, as a writer-producer.

In Minneapolis, Sullivan developed and was executive producer of WCCO's I-Team, recognized as one of local television's largest and most successful investigative units. He was also executive producer of WCCO's award-winning documentary unit, supervising over thirty documentaries. At WCCO, Sullivan formed a unique partnership between that commercial station and PBS, co-producing four FRONTLINE projects before joining the series.

Sullivan has a special interest in investigative biographies and in the re-investigation of important events in American history, bringing such projects as "Remember My Lai," "JFK, Hoffa, and the Mob," "The Secret File on J. Edgar Hoover," and the acclaimed, three-hour "Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald?" to FRONTLINE.

home » previous reports » watch online » about us » teacher center » newsletter » email FRONTLINE
privacy policy » wgbh » pbsi

new content copyright ©1996-2004 pbs online and wgbh/frontline
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL HANDS ON DECK! URGENT!!

Please read this thread about Stolen Honor:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12414

And commit to helping in any way your heart leads you to promote
this important mission!

Thank you. Wink

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by SooZQ on Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go here

http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html

and enter your Zip Code, it'll direct you to the address, phone number, and e-mail address for your local PBS station--

Make sure to tell them if you've been a donor in the past and if you intend to continue to be a donor in the future--

From the description, this doesn't even come close to being fair OR balanced--C
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to email David Fanning, Executive Producer of PBS Frontline is
http://cgi.entropymedia.com/actions/mail

I dedided to illustrate my complaint with a single paragraph from the info page for "The Choice 2004” . Here is my email. Hurry and send your own email so we stop this show.

PBS has scheduled the airing of a show called “The Choice 2004” on October 12, 2004. From the information provided by PBS about this show I believe it’s inaccurate and poorly researched, and I object to it’s being shown. Viewers will no doubt believe that the information in the show is essentially accurate, and that they would be wise to consider that information when voting on November 2. However, it’s clear that this is not the case; that the show is in fact nothing more then campaign hype for the Democratic Party. This can clearly be seen in the following paragraph from the show’s information page.
Bush served but avoided going to Vietnam by landing a coveted position in the Texas National Guard. "I made a call because a friend asked me to allow young George Bush to be considered for the National Guard," former Texas Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes tells FRONTLINE. "His father was a congressman. And that would be the...reason, probably, that I made the call."
There’s no justification for the claim that Bush was admitted into the Texas Air National Guard because Barnes or anyone else made a call to get him in. This nonsense, repeated by CBS News and many Democrats, ignores the fact that there was no waiting list for pilots in the Texas Air National Guard at that time. There was NO waiting list so NO influence was needed. In fact, there were several openings for pilots, and Bush got in because he could fill one of those openings after qualifying for pilot training, and because he was willing to spend more than a year in full time training to become an F102 pilot. Any show or article that repeats the false notion that Bush used the influence of his father to get into the guard has simply not been adequately researched. I wonder, in fact, if any significant research was done since this information is quite easy to find. For instance, a simple search of the internet finds that the Dallas Morning News on July 4, 1999 (see http://www.catholicsandsurvivors.net/bushDallasMorningNews1999.htm) published an article by Pete Slover and George Kuempel that explained that there were several openings for pilots when Bush joined the Guard. Also, several of Bush’s contemporaries in the Guard have said essentially the same thing.
Also, while technically correct, the first sentence is misleading in the characterization of the value of Bush’s Guard service. He was part of our national defense system and routinely flew the F102 loaded with live missiles in what could have become combat missions had Russia or China decided to attack us. This was demanding and dangerous work, and during his first four years in the Guard, Bush trained and flew for almost 2 years of full time service, almost as much full time service as Kerry. Had he used “connections” to get into the guard Bush would surely have found something less demanding and time consuming to do. Interestingly, Bush continues to say that Kerry’s service in Viet Nam makes Kerry a real hero, while Kerry has denigrated Bush’s Guard service because Bush was part of our defense instead of the offense.
If a single paragraph about the show has such biased non-information then there can be no expectation that the show is anything more than empty campaign rhetoric for John Kerry. If PBS airs a show with such gross mistakes then it will be clear that viewers can no longer expect PBS to be fair and accurate, and its life-long reputation as a network that presents factual as well as interesting shows will be tarnished beyond repair. After Dan Rather showed so well that some news organizations will go to ridiculous lengths to try to smear a candidate I would expect PBS and its subscribing stations to want to be very careful about appearing to do the same thing. Airing “The Choice 2004” will demonstrate that PBS is just as desperate to help Kerry at the expense of the truth. Please don’t make this mistake.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's PBS, it's not like it's a network that matters.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Frontline Fraud Reply with quote

Where ever Kerry's lies are spread we must call them on it: My letter to PBS-

As a reservist who was called up to fight in "Bush's War?" in Iraq and who also served as an interim mayor for the Iraqi reconstruction, I am physically ill after watching your piece on Bush and Kerry Choice 2004. As a impartial veteran I have trusted and advocated Frontline for years as a great source of knowledge. My wife, a school teacher, also believed in your tremendous contributions. We are devastated by the complete bias and factual distortion of both Bush and Kerry's biographical record and you should be ashamed at the multiple omissions of significant facts that are critical to choosing our President in a era where I undoubtedly will risk my life in combat for your privileges a third time.
Your program ignored the following MAJOR points:

1. Your producer completely ignored Kerry's two trips to meet with the Viet Cong and NVA, this could have been seen many different ways by your viewers but you left it out completely and it is a historic event in our wartime history. Imagine if I went to meet with Bin Ladin for whatever reason.
As a minor point it is also a clear violation of the Logan Act punishable by 3 years in jail. The Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee when Sen. Kerry and Harkin met with Dictator Daniel Ortega, also pointed out Kerry’s second violation of this US law. It is entered in the congressional record but you omitted a major insight into Kerry’s political technique and disregard for consequences.

2. You failed to mention at all the outcome of the 1971 Senator Dellums Committee recommended actions to the Defense Department and Commandant of the Marine Corps to investigate John Kerry's Winter Soldier Testimony and what the findings were as to the authenticity of the VVAW. 3.5 million Americans just like you served in Vietnam- how many were guilty of what Kerry testified to. This is the Crux of Kerry's claim to fame and the source of the hatred for him that will not go away especially if he is elected. Why not talk about it, I'd be happy to volunteer. This is not a footnote in history, look at Abu Graib and future parallels.

3. Bush did receive an early honorable discharge but you fail to mention that so did Kerry in order to run for political office. Bush’s instructors considered him in the top 5% of fighter pilots and according to several officer’s he volunteered for Operation Palace Guard, an Air National Guard mission in Vietnam but did not have the required flight hours. You communicated the opposite. Bush’s squadron’s mission was to intercept Soviet Nuclear Bombers in the event the cold war turned hot, do you not think this is relevant given the Cuban Missile Crisis and the ongoing threat of hundreds of millions killed in a bigger war than Vietnam. Over seven ANG pilots were killed in live fire intercept training missions which Bush trained for as well. The cavalier impression you leave is quite the opposite. Why is it the single time your interviewer actually spoke from behind the camera was when he prompted Ben Barnes to incriminate Bush further? (Barnes is a Texas hack who signed an affidavit contradicting what he said and donates large sums to Kerry) Do you realize the credibility message you are sending?

4. Kerry's first Purple Heart was officially denied by his commanding officer and the recommendation form has never been found, even Kerry does not dispute this as a Navy JAG Admiral and eyewitness has discredited him. Since it helped get him out of Vietnam it is very relevant, and also the cause of current legitimate questions.
5. You covered Communist Dictator Ortega and Kerry’s relationship yet you ignore a key part of the congressional record when Sen. Kerry officially uses his analogy of being illegally in Cambodia against Reagan's policy. This fallacy has been proven a factual inaccuracy and discredited even by DNC admission. This is important and relevant to the covert border operations in Iraq folks!

6. You feature Bob Mintz twice claiming he never saw Bush in Alabama so he must not have been there (as if you can prove a negative), Yet you deliberately ignore the testimony of Lt Col. Bill Calhoun a man whose official duty it was to sign officer's in for drill. This is not truthful documenting. As a reservist I know several Marines who have missed over 6 months of drills and made them up later without any violation or notice. It happens every month. Are we all suspected AWOL in spite of our retirement points? You consistently guide the viewer to your preconceived conclusions, why?

7. Your portrayal of Kerry endorsers Cameron Kerry and Thomas Vallely is reckless and misleading given the fact that while Kerry ran for office they were arrested and charged with larceny for breaking into the opponent Tony DiFruscia’s campaign headquarters. Do you really expect your viewers to trust you? Smear Bush all you want but don’t smear Frontlines good name.

8. In Nov 1971, while with fellow VVAW steering committee members John Kerry attended a meeting in Kansas where others planned to assassinate elected officials, there are multiple witnesses and FBI files that prove Kerry was present for the discussions and then resigned as a leader although he would remain as spokesman for several months, yet he never mentioned this criminal and real threat to the authorities. This is not rumor, urban legend or some conspiracy theory but one of the facts backed up by official documented sources. Are you people sick? Why are you deliberately hiding this felony from voters who have a right to know the good and the bad?

9. Your worst omission as supposed truthful documentarians is how you paint Sen. Kerry as being reluctant to authorize the removal of Saddam by force even as a last resort. There are volumes of statements and speeches Sen. Kerry made in the run up to our war which were some of the greatest pro-war regime change speeches I have ever heard from a politician, especially compared to the often inarticulate Bush. Kerry convinced me long before Bush. In addition to covering all bases and positions, Kerry was one of the biggest salesmen for going in- that may be politics but you deliberately ignored Kerry’s vehement words; how are voters to compare when you obscure large portions of Kerry’s relevant history. I could care less about President Bush; he has plenty to defend himself with if he can learn how to use it, but your romantic treatment of Kerry the conflicted war hero / anti war hero is criminal and revisionist history. Do I need to provide you the public record? My wife and I are proud Independents who believe in the whole truth on all sides warts and all, and Frontline has disappointingly perpetrated a huge fraud on the Public Television audience, I am crushed as I used to know I could find reason and rational thought in your presentations. I sat numbed though a publicly funded "Elect John Kerry Ad" Your producers owe America an explanation and corrections. I will be sending this out to anyone who still remembers honest journalism and trusts the American voter. Sadly, PBS has lost my vote.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlarsen and HardCorps
Excellent letters!!

"It's only PBS" but FRONTLINE is their premier program and
draws a large audience.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they will play this all over the country, presented as a documentary (with the same degree of veracity as Fahrenheit 9/11), and in the same breath, denounce Sinclair's airing of Stolen Honor?

Hypocrisy is just not a sufficient description anymore.

Maybe "partisan hacks?"

Just like Kerry: telling half the truth and presenting it as the whole story.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
jimlarsen and HardCorps
Excellent letters!!

"It's only PBS" but FRONTLINE is their premier program and
draws a large audience.

Those letters rocked !

What really turns my stomach is that I feel as though I was involved with funding that garbage. As much mis-information that has been thrown around, I still had faith that PBS would maintain it's objectivity. First because of the credibility and popularity of Frontline" Second because they are dependant on donations from viewers and sponsors, and I believe they lost some of both last night.
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: