SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hugh Hewitt, poo, poo's "discharge story"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Hugh Hewitt, poo, poo's "discharge story" Reply with quote

Navy Chief's work must have steped on "Big Shoes"

this Hugh Hewitt guy , atty ect. and x Sub-cabinet person from the

Regan Adm. is a big time Republican in Calif.

If he is poo, pooing Chief's work, it's because someone he likes

is in the "discharge work process"

He says "my story on Christmas in Cambodia etal "ends" the puplic

need to know more about Kerry's war and after war "things"

They do not want the "swift boat vets to get any credit for Bush's win"

If swift's get credit, what do the Demo's and Republicans have to sell??

Donations and "campain money down the river" from 250 "regular"

people. IT SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ALL OF THEM BOTH SIDES
Aunt Polgara
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't surprise me in the least. Every time the GOP calls me for $$, I tell them that I get a bigger bang for my buck by donating to the Swifties!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something funny here. Hugh Hewitt has been blasting Kerry everyday on his radio program and often uses Swiftie info.
He's in Phoenix all this week.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tend to agree with Squidly.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aunt Polgara wrote:
It doesn't surprise me in the least. Every time the GOP calls me for $$, I tell them that I get a bigger bang for my buck by donating to the Swifties!

And you ain't tellin' anything but the truth, there, Aunt Polgara! Wink

The Swifts have been the single biggest force against Kerry in this election. Add Stolen Honor POW's to the mix and we have an unbelievably potent force against Traitor John! Smile
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Aunt Polgara wrote:

And you ain't tellin' anything but the truth, there, Aunt Polgara! Wink

The Swifts have been the single biggest force against Kerry in this election. Add Stolen Honor POW's to the mix and we have an unbelievably potent force against Traitor John! Smile

Nice to see a fellow David Eddings fan Cool

- Chief
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chief, Congrats!!!

Did you collaborate on any of this with Steve Nash? Do you or Nash want to publish any of the actual docs.? I would be happy to make pdf's of the docs and post them for general access. Steve always said that there was something fishy about Kerry's DD214

http://www.thewebplace.com/
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I humbly disagree that Mr. Hewitt is blowing off this story. It seems to me that he just doesn't believe that the content details of the discharge will pursway many voters. In other words, these are obvious huge issues to Military folk, but too complicated and not obvious to Joe Public.

From his post:

Quote:
I am a skeptic, and also cannot believe that focus on this story any way helps the campaign. People are voting already, and any inclined to doubt Kerry's fitness for office on the basis of his wartime service have already decided that, and those not persuaded by Christmas-Eve-not-in-Cambodia aren't going to budge because of a complicated conjecture.

It is all about "the choice" before the country --a tested and proven Commander-in-Chief or a hollow, inauthentic man for whom old Europe holds all the answers.

I believe his last comment above proves him to be no Kerry fan. SBVT & POW's will command this election! Chief has provided invaluable service once again to our Country!
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugh Hewitt has spoken about the Swiftees in a very positive way
nearly every day. He is the most positive man on the president,
and the most negative on the Kerry group.
He is a sticker, he loates Kerry and will and has stood up for the
Swiftees many times.
It never helps to jump and say nasty remarks until you know the
facts. It hurts, you turn on a dime if someone seems to be against
the Swiftvets.
Yes, he is a strong conservative, almost too positive at times,
so I do not think he has a problem with what they do and say.
If he does not agree with the discharge story it is his right and
should not be turned against, he is a great fan of the Swiftvets.
Gray Temples
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Hewitt's Thoughts Reply with quote

imho....Hewitt is one of the most credible bloggers out there.....he is brilliant and very, very pro-Bush....I do hope he is wrong on this one....I really think Hewitt is sensitive to being a part of a "smear"......he really likes to stick to policy issues in his editorializing

My hope, like others, is for Bob Schieffer to surprise everyone tonight by asking Kerry to sign the Form 180!!!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugh Hewitt based his opinion on an e-mail sent to Polipundit (Joel) citing Kerry's admittance to the MA Bar as suggesting an honorable discharge. This suggestion was thoroughly "fisked" by subsequent knowledgeable comments to Polipundit. Apparently Hugh Hewitt hasn't quite caught up.

Polipundit wrote:
UPDATE: Reader Jack from Massachusetts writes:

I have a friend who is a former officer in the Boston Bar Association. The BBA is a professional society, NOT the entity which admits people to the bar association, which is run by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. But, the BBA is the largest professional society in Massachusetts, and just about every lawyer in the state belongs to it.

Any way, I checked with him re: admission policy.. He’d know for sure. He said that no military discharge, even a dishonorable one, would preclude an otherwise qualified candidate from being admitted to the state bar. In the event of an honoroable, general, or medical discharge, it is a checkmark: If you received one, there is no issue.

In the event of a dishonorable discharge, there is a review process to determine if the candidate is not ethically strong enough for admission to the state bar. The candidate will be interviewed, as will people familiar with his case. In the situation like John Kerry, who was somewhat well known at the time, it does seem like he’d clear the ethical hurdle if he was dishonorably discharged for his post-war behavior: He served admirably in the war as far as anyone knew, and protested what he considered to be an illegal and unethical war. It was unlikely that the state bar association would hold this against Kerry. Undoubtedly it did a thorough review, and concluded that he met the ethical requirements to be admitted.

UPDATE: Beldar disagrees with Joel:

There were zillions of lawyers admitted to practice in the mid- and late-1970s despite convictions for protesting and minor drug offenses. Expungements of convictions under the Federal Youth Corrections Act, for example, wiped clean the records of even felony convictions, clearing the way for a great many folks to become lawyers who’d otherwise have been disqualified, and I’m quite confident that most states’ bars include members with worse records than what’s being hypothesized here for Kerry. If Kerry’s original discharge was “general-honorable conditions,” for example — the next rung down from an unqualified honorable discharge — I doubt that the Board of Bar Examiners would have blinked an eye, much less done any serious investigation or raised any serious reservations. And even a lower-level discharge might very well have been forgiven for someone with Kerry’s connections, background, and other military credentials.

In any event, Sen. Kerry needs to end the stonewall, before the election. If — as seems entirely possible, and now perhaps even probable — there are still-hidden facts about his separation from the Naval Reserve, then those facts should be revealed, and voters should be entitled to make their own value judgments about those facts. Sen. Kerry’s refusal to address these issues squarely is in itself a strong basis for drawing inferences that reflect poorly on him.

Polipundit
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a fellow David Eddings fan Cool

- Chief[/quote]

/highjack On

David Eddings is one of the best fantasy authors out there right now IMHO. So count me in that group also.

/Highjack Off

And Navy Chief. You are DA' MAN. Thanks for all your hard work and investigation into sKerry's records. Too bad that the OIR media has their heads up the A$$es you could teach them the proper way to investigate. Twisted Evil
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aunt Polgara wrote:
Ditto I am using the same line. However I do inform them that I will give some of my time to get the vote out.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: