SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update - Hymans 'new' response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Update - Hymans 'new' response Reply with quote

Hyman on fox this morning:

1) I am willing to give Sinclair the benefit of the doubt that what Chad said was not a threat.

2) If Kerry is willing to come on the Sinclair 'show', the 'show' might just end up being clips or brief 'seconds' of the film, and the 50 or 60 minutes could be John Kerry's rebuttle.

Yesterday it seemed like Hyman was starting to backtrack a bit, but this seems like a whole new ballgame?

Any thoughts?

Kimberly

(If this should be incorporated somewhere else, moderators please do so.)
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt that Hyman knows what he is doing. I've seen him in action. I don't think he can be bought. Certainly he is working on this with the producer with the show. If he gets this out, more than what has been by the MSM, they have to keep up and do more on this and so on. I think he is calling out the MSM's also.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You two from Ohio Smile see this post - UK group plans to influence your state!

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12795

this is the site referenced:

http://guardian.assets.digivault.co.uk/clark_county/
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is not going to show up and answer questions.

He is supposed to be such a conciliator. He is going to renew our so called friendships in Europe. He's going to build coalitions.

He won't even sit down with his own countrymen and settle old scores.

What a freaking phony.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one meeting he will not be taking.

He is out in the open and nowhere to hide. Per the joke he needs to hide behind a bush! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all free publicity. Challenges usually are. The bonus is that it puts pressure on the challenged by making them answer when they would rather not. It also makes people wonder why he is hiding his military records (and his Senate Intelligence Committee attendance records, his wife's tax forms etc. etc.)
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too saw Mr. Hyman on FOX this morning. He couldn't get horsey with that question about nincompoops "comment". It would not have looked good.

I too am shaking in my boots! He can't back down!

Remember, we need to send emails to the DNC to help put pressure on Kerry to show. I know it will make you gag to be civil, but if you make it sound like your a potential "swing" voter, that might help!

We should be putting the pressure on the DNC, too. Mr Hyman asked us, indirectly, to do that. Hold your nose, that might help.
Rolling Eyes

I am currently working on Sinclair's sponsors using the links provided in another thread. I made myself a "template" where I cut and past the text.

Any comments would be most appreciated. Here it is:

Quote:
Dear <insert company name> :

Please contact Sinclair Broadcast Group and advertise your products during the airing of Stolen Honor, where your company is sure to get massive exposure.

I support both Sinclair Broadcast Group and it sponsors for airing Stolen Honor. Since my time is very limited and many of the same points apply to both Sinclair and your company, I provide an edited excerpt of a letter I sent to Sinclair Broadcast Group as the foundation for this support:

Dear Sinclair Broadcast Group:

I completely support you exercising the First Amendment rights of the Vietnam Vets and Sinclair Broadcast Group. There is no doubt that I, and many others in the public, wish to hear what they have to say.

Since I know that you are very busy, I am going to make several succinct points:

1. You are getting great marketing for this video by the way the DNC has attacked Sinclair and its sponsors! The fact that the DNC is making such an issue of the showing of Stolen Honor is increasing interest in the video by the public and prospective viewers! This is indeed, great FREE marketing! The audience will be huge, which will make your sponsors and advertisers very happy!

2. All of the blogs and forums that I have been able to review today are so PROUD of the way Mark Hyman, Vice president Sinclair, handled himself on FOX and are proud that Sinclair is going to stand its ground by showing Stolen Honor.

3. I know that Mr. Hyman had already said Sinclair will stand its ground, remember it is the soldier who has always protected our rights, the Constitution, and our way of life. Our veterans deserve for us to take a stand for them. Many people will be very upset if Sinclair should back down.

4. Because the main stream media has not aired (but only in the most scant and dismissive way) anything regarding John Kerry's activities during the Vietnam era, you will be doing the public a great educational service by airing this video. Not to mention, since no other main stream media outlet has aired the video, it is also "news" because it is "new."

5. This will put Sinclair Broadcast Group and its sponsors in a class all its own. On the other hand, CBS felt it OK to air an entire hour basing an entire "news" story about George Bush's guard service for the umpteenth time based totally on forged documents. Not to mention, the public has only been hearing about George Bush's service for years! Then there is ABC Mark Halprin's memo telling the staff to cover each campaign under different levels of scrutiny, the Republicans getting the more serious scrutiny.

Broadcasting Stolen Honor is a wonderful present Sinclair Broadcasting could provide to our veterans who have put their life on the line to protect our freedoms and who were so wrongly slandered. It is also a wonderful present to America, who will have her veterans and military finally vindicated.

America and I are so proud of Sinclair Broadcasting.

Please show Stolen Honor. It deserves to be shown.

Sincerely,

<insert sig>
U.S. Citizen

To contact Sinclair Broadcast Group:
Comments:
comments@sbgi.net

Corporate Headquarters
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030
410-568-1500 (Main Telephone)
410-568-1533 (Main Fax)

I'll be putting more time into this.

I am on a roll! Very Happy
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbie2004,

Looks great.

Kimberly,

I am a bit concerned too as initially I thought the entire "Stolen Honor" documentary was going to be aired, but now they seem to be saying that only parts of it will be shown and then Kerry could come on for as long as he wanted to and respond. If Kerry were to come on, which I doubt he will as he has never had to answer for anything he has ever done in his sorry life and he is a coward, then I want John O'Neill there too, along with some of the POW's, as this man MUST be held accountable and cannot be allowed to skate from his actions any longer through just his slick talk and lies.

Debbie
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Kerry will make the "tough decisions" and the "hard choices." At least that is what he says.

Guess appearing on Sinclair is not considered one of the tough or hard decisions.

If Kerry does not have the backbone to defend his own actions, how can he defend our country.

Says one thing, does something else.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
If Kerry does not have the backbone to defend his own actions, how can he defend our country.

Quote of the day, right there.

Spot on!
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is annoying Chad today................cleaning toilets at Democratic Headquarters??????????????? Twisted Evil
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arlene welker wrote:
Where is annoying Chad today................cleaning toilets at Democratic Headquarters??????????????? Twisted Evil

we'll see if he shows back up in a few days.... maybe he is history for his threat to Sinclair ! we can hope..... Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair Broadcasting is in the midst of pulling a major ratings coup. In order to grab viewers from FOX the have to move to the right. Why not? All the other MSM is on the liberal left. With a nation divided straight down the middle they could build viewer loyalty that will last for decades. Their advertising revenues will skyrocket and their advertisers will reach larger, more formidible and more economically viable market place. The crazy left-wing loones are not the big spenders are they? They should be casting their nets in the "family values" lake in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: