SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is an embarassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
My God, it's been over 35 years. Don't you people have kids, jobs, wives? What is your motive here anyway?

They feel shortchanged about being unappreciated and they blame the wrong people for getting screwed by our military/corporate machine.

You just get sillier with every post, ol' sparky.

Having never served a day in your life, you want to argue the laws of land warfare.

And now you're a brilliant psychoanalyst, as well.

You never cease to amaze me, spark.

Have you actually watched the SBVFT press conference? I mean the whole thing, not just the bits shown in Dan Blather's hit piece.

You can view it on c-span. Eighty minutes. That's all I ask.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, give me the link and I'll watch it all (I might need a few days but I promise I will).
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if that doesn't deserve an admin flush.

Wholely inappropriate Sparky.

Quote:
They feel shortchanged about being unappreciated and they blame the wrong people for getting screwed by our military/corporate machine. Victorious warriors receive recognition or spoils for sacrifices, and lacking this, they blamed the protesters or the media.

It's also probably very difficult to look back on that experience and its unspeakable hardship and fully face the fact that it was a war that could have easily been avoided if we truly had won the hearts and minds of the people instead of terrorizing them.

I can understand. They feel there's something more due to them.

So what you are saying is tht they are mad because this one didn't go into the win column and and they are acting like spoiled brats? Is that what you said... because that is what it looks like you said to me.

Ah, the annonimity of the internet. I seriously doubt you'd say such things person to person, face to face.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"

Last edited by JasonBinPNW on Tue May 11, 2004 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You can see it at this site:

http://www.c-span.org/search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=swift&image1.x=18&image1.y=6

You have to have Real Player, and as much as I detest RP for their egregious privacy policies, it's worth it to install this piece of cwap on your machine just to see this press conference.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
OK, give me the link and I'll watch it all (I might need a few days but I promise I will).

Why bother, you'll just rationalize it.

Jason

James Steffes
Swiftvet Author

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

In answer to Craig's statement about separating the real Swift Boat Sailors from the others. I am posting under my real name, James Steffes, and I also gave my statement at the news conference on May 4th. I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and I served on Swift Boats from June 1968 to June 1969, six months of it on the same rivers as John Kerry. I stated the following; We served on the same boats as Kerry, at the same time as Kerry, on the same missions as Kerry, under the same commanders as Kerry. I did not see the atrocities of which he spoke and accused his fellow Swifties of committing. On Tim Russert's Meet the Press, John Kerry was asked if he still believed the crimes were committed by everyone after the speakers at Winter Soldier were found to be fakes. He stated that he did not witness the crimes that these witnesses said they committed and even after they were uncovered as fakes, he still stood by his statements to this day.
This is why the Swift Boat Veterans do not believe he should be Commander in Chief.
Thanks for listening.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

James Steffes wrote:

Thanks for listening.

Thank YOU for posting Chief!

Jason

eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

James Steffes wrote:
I did not see the atrocities of which he spoke and accused his fellow Swifties of committing.

Which atrocities exactly did he accuse his fellow Swifties of committing?
James Steffes
Swiftvet Author

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

eecee wrote:
James Steffes wrote:
I did not see the atrocities of which he spoke and accused his fellow Swifties of committing.

The atrocities which he accused his fellow Swifties of committing are those which he stated he saw and or was forced to participate in while on Swift Boat Sea Lord Operations. He always used the same terms; killing cattle, burning villages, shooting civilians, poisening crops. He included us in his statements that all Vietnam Vets with the approval or the orders of their superiors; raped and killed women and children, tortured civilians, etc.
That about sums it up.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

James Steffes wrote:
In answer to Craig's statement about separating the real Swift Boat Sailors from the others. I am posting under my real name, James Steffes, and I also gave my statement at the news conference on May 4th. I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and I served on Swift Boats from June 1968 to June 1969, six months of it on the same rivers as John Kerry. I stated the following; We served on the same boats as Kerry, at the same time as Kerry, on the same missions as Kerry, under the same commanders as Kerry. I did not see the atrocities of which he spoke and accused his fellow Swifties of committing. On Tim Russert's Meet the Press, John Kerry was asked if he still believed the crimes were committed by everyone after the speakers at Winter Soldier were found to be fakes. He stated that he did not witness the crimes that these witnesses said they committed and even after they were uncovered as fakes, he still stood by his statements to this day.
This is why the Swift Boat Veterans do not believe he should be Commander in Chief.
Thanks for listening.

1. Did you participate in Free Fires zoines?

2. The winter Soldiers Testimoy was compoletely different from what Kerry says he witnessed himself. Are you deliberately fudging the two seperate issues? Or are you just confused?

3. Kerry, at the time, had no reason to doubt that the Winter Soldiers testimony was true. They vetted the speakers thoroughly to avoid just such problems.

4. Only SOME of the Winter Soldiers testimony proved to be false. Most of it wasn't. Critics have skillfully used those instances to tar the entire proceeding.

5. Kerry admitted that some of the testimony was flase, and simply repeated what I just said. He said the point of his testimony was to point out that the U.S. leadership was putting ourt soldiers in these positions. And that he didn't want the soldiers to get scapegoated for the crimes of U.S. policy.

6. Even if Kerry did apologize, none of you would accept it anyway. So why should he? Especially since you continue to smear him, and lie about what he said and did.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

James Steffes wrote:
eecee wrote:
James Steffes wrote:

The atrocities which he accused his fellow Swifties of committing are those which he stated he saw and or was forced to participate in while on Swift Boat Sea Lord Operations. He always used the same terms; killing cattle, burning villages, shooting civilians, poisening crops. He included us in his statements that all Vietnam Vets with the approval or the orders of their superiors; raped and killed women and children, tortured civilians, etc.
That about sums it up.

Sorry. But most of what you just said is a flat out lie.

Kerry never said that ALL Vietnam Veterans raped and killed women and children, tortured civilians, etc. That is a flat out lie. Period.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The venom fairly drips from the mouths of those who don't have a clue what they are talking about. They are experts who haven't paid their dues and never will.
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

James Steffes wrote:
eecee wrote:
James Steffes wrote:

That about sums it up.

You are not being specific. You seem to be mixing descriptions he gave of testimony made by men who testified at the Winter Soldier hearings with descriptions of his own service in Vietnam.

So I ask you again, Mr. Steffers, please describe exactly which atrocities he attributed to Swift Boat veterans.

Please also describe exactly where he accused ALL Vietnam veterans of raping and killing women and children, torturing civilians, etc.

Thank you.

(To help, here is a link to his 1971 testimony to Congress: http://www.pbs.org/greatspeeches/timeline/j_kerry_s.html

and here is a link to a recent interview with a quote from his 1971 "Meet the Press" appearance:

http://hnn.us/articles/printfriendly/3552.html )
James Steffes
Swiftvet Author

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry is an embarrassment Reply with quote

He including us in his statements that he participated in "free fire zone" etc. You have to understand that he only served four months on these boats. They had a crew of six and NEVER went into hostile areas ALONE. The Sea Lord Raids in which he did these things, included at least two other boats with crews of six. Therefore, if he did these things of which he spoke, others must have done them as well. If he did these things as he says, over a four month period, there were many Swift Boats with him cnsidering the tempo of operations.
Therefore, he accuses his fellow Swift Boat Sailors of performing these same acts of killing, etc.
He speaks in general terms sometimes and other times he says he only heard of these atrocities. He is very careful what he says.
Our group resents the fact that he includes us in his wild claims and seeks to use this four months of his life, when he spent it with us, as his basis for being elected to high office.
My question is, Why doesn't he use his vast experience as a U.S. Senator as a basis for voters to elect him??
Why doesn't he use his vast experience, as an anti-war activist, to further his claims to be president.
Why doesn't he use his extensive time working on the Committee that investigated the POW/MIA issues after the war?? This resulted in recognizing the Hanoi Regime and slammed the door on the unaccounted for MIA's and POW's that were reported to be alive by other POW's when the war ended.
Instead, he uses the four months of Vietnam Service as his "proof" that he is qualified to serve as Commander in Chief.
Without using his Vietnam Service, how would he stand as a candidate??

This makes more sense to me, and would better state his leadership qualifications to lead this country than a 50ft boat in a small river far away from here.

So I ask you again, Mr. Steffers, please describe exactly which atrocities he attributed to Swift Boat veterans.

Please also describe exactly where he accused ALL Vietnam veterans of raping and killing women and children, torturing civilians, etc.

Thank you.

(To help, here is a link to his 1971 testimony to Congress: http://www.pbs.org/greatspeeches/timeline/j_kerry_s.html

and here is a link to a recent interview with a quote from his 1971 "Meet the Press" appearance:

http://hnn.us/articles/printfriendly/3552.html )[/quote]
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one eecee. After describing the testimony of the phonies and the real vets that participated in the winter soldier investigation, Kerry drew his own conclusions that those events were "not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at ALL levels of command." That includes Kerry and every officer with any type of command and all the troops under their command. Pretty broad brush he wielded to paint his fellow swifties and everyone else serving in RVN with the stain of atrocity committer.
I don't expect you to agree. It is obvious that the truth is not what you are after.
But there it is,the quote you are looking for.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: