SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's personal "miscalculation" cost millions of
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Kerry's personal "miscalculation" cost millions of Reply with quote

Kerry accused our President of a (massive, enormous or some such) miscalculation about Iraq. My reading on this site tells me that Kerry’s personal “miscalculation” was more that 1,000 times as costly in human life as our cost in Iraq to date. I’ve read that he “calculated” (miscalculated?) that our withdrawal from Vietnam would result in 1,000 or 2,000 deaths as a consequence our withdrawal. I read that 1 million in Vietnam and 2 million in Cambodia died as a direct consequence of our withdrawal and the resulting communist “victory.”

Kerry’s “advocating the negotiating points of our enemy” (learned in Paris) apparently contained a miscalculation that directly cost millions of human lives. (These lives are human lives to us non-elites)

Maybe he criticizes and attacks others to avoid looking at his own “miscalculation” that made him a WMD.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn good point, bubblehead! (From a former airedale. Wink )

We've had some really good discussions about this "miscalculation" on Kerry's part in the Winter Soldier forum... but you're the first one I've seen connect it to his hypocrisy in attacking the President. BZ's!

Maybe you'd like to research this a little further and come up with some talking points for people who are writing letters to the editor regarding the debates?

There's a color-coded transcript of the debate in the Resources & Research Forum, if that helps, any.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's personal "miscalculation" cost million Reply with quote

subsailor wrote:
Kerry accused our President of a (massive, enormous or some such) miscalculation about Iraq. My reading on this site tells me that Kerry’s personal “miscalculation” was more that 1,000 times as costly in human life as our cost in Iraq to date. I’ve read that he “calculated” (miscalculated?) that our withdrawal from Vietnam would result in 1,000 or 2,000 deaths as a consequence our withdrawal. I read that 1 million in Vietnam and 2 million in Cambodia died as a direct consequence of our withdrawal and the resulting communist “victory.”

Kerry’s “advocating the negotiating points of our enemy” (learned in Paris) apparently contained a miscalculation that directly cost millions of human lives. (These lives are human lives to us non-elites)

Maybe he criticizes and attacks others to avoid looking at his own “miscalculation” that made him a WMD.

Very astute point subsailor. Kerry's actions during vietnam lead to the deaths of millions and will lead to the deaths of millions more if elected president. Bush desperatley wants to do something in the Sudan, yet knows Kerry could care less for 'black christians' and as such would destroy any initiative to help them if elected. Thus, Bush has quaranteed the southern Sudanese without anyt press release and is banking on being re-elected to actually save them. Sad, we have in America someone running for the Presidential office who would for political gain let millions die and not care.

Keep in mind Clinton did nothing for Rawanda.

BTW....Off Topic...Gratz on passing the Sub test and becoming a submariner...I love the movies crimson tide and hunt for red october but damn how they poorly portray the people that serve on subs at the enlisted level. They make cooks out to be joe blow when in fact noone steps foot on a submarine without passing the sub test. Cook or Engineer!

bah I almost forgot the KING of all sub movies 'Das Boot'. hehe damn

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, subsailor, dmackto and you are on the same wavelength!

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=88013#88013
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Hey, subsailor, dmackto and you are on the same wavelength!

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=88013#88013

I really like dmackto's post. Thanks Navy.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Damn good point, bubblehead! (From a former airedale. Wink )

Dang NNN, I was almost ready to PM you for calling subsailer a bubblehead ! I looked to see if he/she signed that way....

then it 'sunk' in.... duh!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted on this topic many times ---

Kerry's quote from an interview ( it is reference in UFC) was that only 3,000 would need evacuated from South Vietnam

Tens of thousands need evacuated (My mind's eye still sees the news reports of the helicpoters leaving Saigon as if it was happening today)

Millions of boat people refuges, thousands die --- those small boats over crowded with more people that it could possibly hold

Millions murdered in Cambodia and Laos

Millions in re-education camps

Kerry was wrong by more than 1000%

KERRY WRONG IN 71 WRONG TODAY

This should be a commercial --- educate the vote on how wrong Skerry can be.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's misstatements in 71 (I misspoke about the 87billion) cost millions of lives.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to make a new thread, but.....

Kerry's list of massive and enormous miscalculations

1, Firing a grenade to close to the shore endangering himself and the men on his boat.

2, Leaving the scene of a boat in danger and again putting men at risk

3, Throwing grenades from an unsafe distance and again putting himself and other men at risk.

These may or may not be in order and I don't want to have all the fun please continue the list
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Miscalculations and Mistakes Reply with quote

I posted last night about Kerry’s “miscalculation” and was happy to read the subsequent posts. (Yes, seeing the betrayer/criticizer in the debate was a personal call to battle stations) I awakened today thinking about Kerry’s misuse of the label “mistake.” He said something like, ‘how can you ask someone to be the last to die for a mistake?’ (From memory, so not accurate) He called the Vietnam War a mistake for the US, as part of his advocating of the enemies’ negotiating points.

In reality, the “mistake” he successfully advocated for Vietnam was a premature withdrawal – a snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory. Millions died as a consequence of the mistake he advocated – the betrayal of people we were assisting

For Iraq, he is advocating another US “mistake” – another premature withdrawal with potentially much larger consequences for people in the Middle East, and this time, for the US and the world.

Notice how he only counts US people who die. The others who suffer and die as a consequence of the “mistakes” he advocates are people also. (At least to us non-elites)
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subsailor:

Congrats on now being qualified to spend large chunks of your life in a "closed sewer pipe"! (At least, that's what they tell me submariners called life on a boat some years ago.)

The following is slightly off topic, but I couldn't resist. I think you (and all the other Navy folks out there) will enjoy.

Some years ago, I followed some of a military discussion list debating the definition of a submarine. (Yeah, maybe they DID have a bit too much time on their hands.) One exchange was priceless. The exchange went something like this.

Challenge: "The key feature of a submarine is that it can submerge!"
Response: "ALL ships can submerge. The key question is whether it can, under its own power, resurface."

Looking at Kerry's past, I think he's been pretty good at ideas for the "submerge" part, but just doesn't grasp the concept of "resurface".
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry's mistakes become nightmares Reply with quote

Yikes, Echo Juliet, (and GenrXr) I just followed your link above to dmackto’s post and found he was reading my nightmares - “the last time John Kerry had a better war plan – three million were slaughtered”

It was on this site that I became aware of the amplified consequences of either victory or defeat in Iraq. The consequences are huge for either outcome. Bush has been trying to describe the favorable consequences of victory. Only on this site have I become aware of the hugely adverse consequences of defeat. Maybe there is an idea for an ad by someone. (Hey, Kerry snooper, choke on this thread!) We can’t let Kerry “submerge” the US again.
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have it wrong.

3 million deaths was the result of Kerry's plan for "Winning the Peace"
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subsailor:

That has real possibilities. Croscutting scenes of Kerry's testimony and/or antiwar protests with news footage taken from Cambodia's killing fields and Vietnamese "boat people" footage and/or survivor accounts - with a well-written voiceover stressing the fact that the latter was a direct consequence of the former - would be powerful. I think news footage that old just might public domain material.

The finale could cut to a scene in present-day Iraq, and end something like "We listened to Kerry once, with tragic consequences. Don't listen to him again."

I'd LOVE to see something like that get airplay in key states starting about October 26.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a "collosal" miscalculation to me!!

Kerry's Senate career is a "collosal failure" as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: