SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP/Ipsos poll out today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: AP/Ipsos poll out today Reply with quote

The AP released a new poll this morning showing Kerry with a 50-46 lead over Bush. They only polled in the head-to-head race. Ralph Nader was not included in the survey. I guess if they had the numbers might look slightly better for Bush, but not much.

Although Rasmussen and Zogby show Bush with a one and two point lead today, the AP poll hurts. It's the first non-tracking poll released with a descent amount of time since the debate. Despite my hopes, I think Bush's perception has been hurt over the last week.

Right now, the momentum for Bush is not good. In fact I don't think there's any despite Cheney's good debate. Honestly, I'm amazed that so many people appeared to have been swayed by one debate. If the electorate is this wishy washy, then it could tough in the final three weeks for Bush.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whacker get a grip. AP is run by Kerry.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marist released poll today as well showing Bush with a three point lead and that poll never had Bush up by many even during his zenith. Also, a new Quinnipiac poll has Bush up by 7 in Florida, while a new Mason Dixon poll has Bush up by 4 in Florida.
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know, but it still feeds the perception that Bush is slipping. A week ago today, most believed the election was all but over. Today it's dofight with Kerry gaining.

Bush can still regain momentum in the last two debates, but right now everything's going against him. I think everyone would agree that the last week hasn't been what we had hoped. I would like to ignore the numbers too, but that's not responsible.

One week ago: Bush 51
Kerry 45

Today: Bush 49
Kerry 47

That's just my guess.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: AP poll Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to get the internals on the AP/Ipsos poll? If they called more Democrats than Republicans, therein lies the answer.

But I sincerely hope that President Bush is doing his homework, preparing himself for tomorrow's debate!

In his first debate, when Kerry mentioned that the only countries to join the coalition in Iraq were Great Britain and Australia, Bush said, "You forgot Poland."

In tomorrow's debate, when Kerry will inevitably say that "this President has the worst record on jobs since Herbert Hoover", I'm hoping that President Bush will reply, "You forgot Jimmy Carter", then go into some detail about how Ronald Reagan rescued America from Carter's policies (tax cuts, military buildup), and how his own policies resemble those of Reagan!
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to believe that america will elect the traitor Kerry to be president.

Get out there and do your part

Educate america
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:
I refuse to believe that america will elect the traitor Kerry to be president.

They already have elected one traitor:

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft.htm

I know many people here are anti-Kerry as opposed to anti-liberal or anti-democrat, but facts are facts and Clinton already took the body blows and softened the populace.

Remember it was Clinton who was hanging with commies in Russia in 1969 and ultimately defeated a man who was the youngest man to enlist as a fighter pilot in WWII and was shot down over the Pacific confronted and accepeted the fact he was going to die for his country. And the VFW endorsed Clinton. Politics is a strange game. Never underestimate the enemy.

If you cant tell, I'm still bitter.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Polls Reply with quote

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

The Real Clear Politics website shows a composite of many polls. Among polls including Ralph Nader taken after the 9/30/04 debate, there is only one poll showing Kerry leading (Newsweek), 3 polls showing ties (CBS, Gallup, ARG), and 6 polls showing Bush leading (Zogby, Marist, ABC, Fox, ICR, Pew). Average Bush lead = 1.8%. Of these polls, only one (Zogby) includes data taken after the Cheney-Edwards debate, which is bound to help Bush.

Rasmussen, which takes daily head-to-head polls (without Nader) showed a 0.8% improvement for Bush with 1/3 of the polling after the Cheney-Edwards debate--there might be more over the next two days.

Bush hasn't lost yet, but he was MUCH too complacent during the first debate. He needs to take the fight to the enemy, just as he did in Iraq and Afghanistan.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Polls Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

The Real Clear Politics website shows a composite of many polls. Among polls including Ralph Nader taken after the 9/30/04 debate, there is only one poll showing Kerry leading (Newsweek), 3 polls showing ties (CBS, Gallup, ARG), and 6 polls showing Bush leading (Zogby, Marist, ABC, Fox, ICR, Pew). Average Bush lead = 1.8%. Of these polls, only one (Zogby) includes data taken after the Cheney-Edwards debate, which is bound to help Bush.

Rasmussen, which takes daily head-to-head polls (without Nader) showed a 0.8% improvement for Bush with 1/3 of the polling after the Cheney-Edwards debate--there might be more over the next two days.

Bush hasn't lost yet, but he was MUCH too complacent during the first debate. He needs to take the fight to the enemy, just as he did in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In this thread, Zogby (no right winger) breaks down the dynamics of teh new numbers - good news.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12081
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more important to look at the individual polls in the swing states than the overall picture. I mean, if the polls are all taken in NY for instance, well then yes, maybe it swings Kerry. But the Electoral college is where this election is won. Not on the overall average. Geez it's only been 4 years since we learned that.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't look for much of a bump in the polls after debate #2 unless someone messes up badly and it's repeated over and over in the news. Tons of people are not going to watch, it's friday night and people are not going to be home.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush in a landslide..... Laughing
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
Bush in a landslide..... Laughing

I can only hope Bush does well tomorrow- our country depends on it, our military depends on it!

rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will be charged...needs to let his brother do the hurricane relief things and get some rest....if he does like Cheney and just sticks to facts and doesn't repeat himself...Kerry is done once and for all....
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The report just out that WMD were found..and the media and Kerry jumping on it like fleas on a dog are making anything Bush says look like he's standing alone on an island. I guess no one wants to admit the fact that Sadam had the means, and the desire to begin his programs again once the inspectors were out of the country.
I guess what makes me so sad ... our troops are doing such a good job..the families and friends here at home are being led to believe that the fight isn't necessary...and their lives and efforts are for nothing..I am livid Twisted Evil
Bush and this country need some good news...a real October event!
God Bless America,
Greenvale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: