SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daily Chart of Rasmussen Data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Daily Chart of Rasmussen Data Reply with quote

Applying the principles of Technical Analysis of Stock Charts, to the Rasmussen daily data, we are seeing a positive trend change in the Bush numbers. Having broken a minor downward trend, we have now resumed the positive climb. Todays down tick is normal and to be expected since a trendline break is often followed by a test of that trendline. After a day or two of testing this trendline, a continuation of the advance should resume. If this trendline is broken to the downside, however, we may have some more work to do.

This analysis should not be used for betting on futures or any other financial activity. I am definitely not a professional and even though I follow time tested principles, I MAY BE WRONG.

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Rasmussen Trend Reply with quote

I'm not sure that the statistical analyses used for stock prices can be applied to presidential voting preferences.

One trend I noticed is that Bush's poll numbers went down, and Kerry's went up, after their first debate, reaching a closest approach on the last day which did not include polling after the Cheney-Edwards debate. After that debate, Bush's numbers went up, and Kerry's went down. After the second Bush-Kerry debate, both candidates seemed to lose an equal number of votes (to undecided?), although it's probably too early to see a trend.

Vice President Cheney may have saved his boss' (and his own) job with his terrific performance against Edwards. Bush did much better in his second debate than in the first, but Kerry is a much stronger adversary than Edwards, so the result in the polls is about a draw.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Z: I appreciate your thoughts on this subject. One of the tenants of "Technical Analysis" (Chart interpretation) is that all of the known information, whether public or not, is contained in the chart. I know that not all agree, and that's what makes a horse race. Technical analysis is used on single stocks, as well as Indices and "Averages". It tends to show the gross sum of a universe of information.

My main goal in posting these charts is to test this theory. Such a test can only be done in real time and in the end the efficacy can be clearly seen.

My hypothesis is based on personal experience of working with charts for over 25 years, and a belief that they can be used to create valid predictive results with better than chance results. Otherwise see my disclaimer.

This analysis should not be used for betting on futures or any other financial activity. I am definitely not a professional and even though I follow time tested principles, I MAY BE WRONG.

blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
I agree, I wish I had some mad money. The disclaimer is a good idea because my neighbor thought he had a handle the charts, now he works two jobs while licking his wounds! Crying or Very sad
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim - I'm not a chart expert. I notice that the blue "kerry" line has crossed the trend line in a downward direction on this latest chart. Would that be considered a negative breakout?? Thanks.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN: Yes, it would. I covered that in yesterday's post. Good catch.
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12519

Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promise me you'll post this updated graph everyday. It's really interesting and I'm glad you do it.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: