SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN......
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN...... Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Fox news is now reporting one marine executed a wounded insurgent. He thought he was still alive......so he shot him......he said, "now he is dead". They say this is illegal in the military, but that in Iraq the insurgents are pretending to be wounded, then blowing themselves up with bombs strapped to them killing our soldiers.

The insurgents do not follow the rules of engagement. They behead us, blow us up, kill us, kidnap us, and do this to their own Muslim counter parts as well.

Yet now the MSM is taking this one incident out of context saying that in the Middle East they will look upon this as another Abu Grab.

There should not be these media mongering MSM whimps embedded with our troops. The media needs to get out of the battle field and let our men and women do their job. If everytime there is something that looks suspect, and they are reporting this around the world, how will they fight this war? How would WWII have been fought if the media then acted so irresponsibly as they do now? Not everything is the MSMs right to know and question.

Is this not why the military instituted JAG? God the MSM makes me sick. Mad Mad Mad Mad
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reporter who allegedly witnessed this incident I will bet was Jane Arraf of CNN. Are we surprised? The terrorists have been using the wounded and dead as decoys using IED's. In fact, this incident took place last Friday after the Marines were shot at from a mosque. The Marines returned the following day to find a number of dead terrorists and this one terrorist they are talking about was killed the day before. No story-all BS. This reporter who is embedded with the 3/5 has been filing very slanted reports for the last week. I'm surprised she wasn't "caught in the crossfire". Our troops are too good for that. CNN is making this out to be another Abu Graib. We ought to learn our lesson and do what Reagan did during the Grenada operation. Keep ALL reporters out til the killing is done. Let our soldiers do their work and they do it very well! Same old story-they behead people, leave dis-emboweled female bodies on the street and CNN won't report this. But a soldier does his job and BAM-he is at fault. With MY son in this battle, I take this personal.
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in the same position I would also shoot first and ask questions later. Given the attitudes of these Islamic Fascists it would hardly be prudent to think otherwise.. They do not think as we do., Their only concern is for killing "Infidels" which is what they consider us to be.
They have undoubtedly done and will continue to do just exactly the same to us. Why should we regard them as honorable human beings? If you treat me like a dog, then I will act like one and bite your backside. Mad Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only the media would show as much outrage over the commonplace actions of our enemy, as they do these rare isolated incidents.

And I saw that video. Apparently one of the terrorists' tactics is to "fake dead". One of our guys just made sure he wasn't faking.

Forgive me if I don't feel any sympathy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tex wrote:
If only the media would show as much outrage over the commonplace actions of our enemy, as they do these rare isolated incidents.

And I saw that video. Apparently one of the terrorists' tactics is to "fake dead". One of our guys just made sure he wasn't faking.

Forgive me if I don't feel any sympathy.

I agree and I would have done the same thing. Those terrorists are animals and worse.......you will plz have to forgive me too becuase I don't feel any sympathy for those evil insurgents and Islamo-fascists. Twisted Evil
Daniel J. Hutchison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reporters Reply with quote

I never had much use for reporters on the battle field in the past and think even less of them now. I learned early on that you can not count on a fair reporting of the battle. On one day while in the middle of one of my small fire fights, a group of reporter heard that the enemy had suffered some losses. They asked if they could land and get some pictures. I told them no! Yet, they had their helicopter land and drop them off. I pulled the American forces out and departed with my helicopter gun cover and told the reporters the fight was theirs! I never did see any of their pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reporters Reply with quote

Daniel J. Hutchison wrote:
I never had much use for reporters on the battle field in the past and think even less of them now. I learned early on that you can not count on a fair reporting of the battle. On one day while in the middle of one of my small fire fights, a group of reporter heard that the enemy had suffered some losses. They asked if they could land and get some pictures. I told them no! Yet, they had their helicopter land and drop them off. I pulled the American forces out and departed with my helicopter gun cover and told the reporters the fight was theirs! I never did see any of their pictures.

Good for you!!!!!!!! They deserve whatever happened to them for disregarding you and doing what they wanted to anyways. No story is worth dying for in the battle field.....fools....they do not even report the truth. They put our men and women at greater risk, but do they care, NO....its all about the story and who gets the highest ratings and the most air time coverage first.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

four-niner delta wrote:
The reporter who allegedly witnessed this incident I will bet was Jane Arraf of CNN.

The pool report by NBC correspondent Kevin Sites
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN...... Reply with quote

doll wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Fox news is now reporting one marine executed a wounded insurgent. He thought he was still alive......so he shot him......he said, "now he is dead". They say this is illegal in the military, but that in Iraq the insurgents are pretending to be wounded, then blowing themselves up with bombs strapped to them killing our soldiers.

The insurgents do not follow the rules of engagement. They behead us, blow us up, kill us, kidnap us, and do this to their own Muslim counter parts as well.

Yet now the MSM is taking this one incident out of context saying that in the Middle East they will look upon this as another Abu Grab.

There should not be these media mongering MSM whimps embedded with our troops. The media needs to get out of the battle field and let our men and women do their job. If everytime there is something that looks suspect, and they are reporting this around the world, how will they fight this war? How would WWII have been fought if the media then acted so irresponsibly as they do now? Not everything is the MSMs right to know and question.

Is this not why the military instituted JAG? God the MSM makes me sick. Mad Mad Mad Mad

Thanks Doll...not to mention that the terrorist loonies in Fallujah waved white flags, drew Marines toward them and then ambushed them...do you suppose we're hearing that side of the story? NOOOOOOOOOOOO...the OLMSM really are beyond the pale - they are no longer fair in any use of that term...it's a crying shame for all of us left in the Civilized World...

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't a certain Naval Reserve Lt (jg) receive a Silver Star for doing exactly the same thing back in Nam?
/CD
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly, Bill O'Reilly was just sticking up for this marine. He said he could understand why the marine did what he did and mentioned the IED's, etc.

I agree, I have zero - zilcho - big ole goose-eggs , sympathy for these insurgents, terrorists or whatever they are. I would have been devastated if the marine had been blown apart with his buddies, if he tried to help the guy, and the bad guy blew up a bomb or something. But sorry, no tears for the insurgents.

I hope & pray for this marine, that he is set free to go back to duty - this is not a conventional war, and these are precarious times. Their lives hinge on a split second decision. I support him.

The only stupidity here was to let the damned reporter film it!!! Why didn't they turn off his camera or tear out his film afterwards ??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
misako
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM at it again, our marines are showing valor, skill and courage and we don't need this nonsense by MSM. 'They are not bloody insurgents, but terrorists , murderers. torturers and thugs, plain and simple. Marines have fought and sacrificed a lot for all of us. Don't think twice about saving yourselves and your buddies. The MSM can butt out.
Thank you all each and every Marine and keep cleaning out the rats 'nests everywhere in Iraq. This is war, not some stupid reality show in Iraq. God bless all our Marines and all heartfelt thanks. Ignore the MSM and do your job.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the story & video....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6496898/
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone keep an eye out for that Marine! If he needs anything, I, and many others here, will step forward to support him!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can be shown the terrorist was already dying, slowly and painfully....

then the Marine should be found guilty of wasting two rounds of ammunition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: