SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guys, I heed help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Guys, I heed help Reply with quote

I'm in a cyber-fight with a lib who states unequivocally that Kerry, some time ago, signed a Form 180 releasing his complete service records and cites a Boston Globe article from 2005.

It's been my understanding that Kerry's "releases" have never been for the complete file. Can someone verify which it is? Citations would be helpful. Thanks!

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow, as I recall, John O'Neill himself was satisfied that Kerry's SF180, as filled out, gave the designees access to Kerry's complete records. However, competency to understand what they reveal and a willingness to reveal it are open questions. Hence, the overriding necessity that his records be open to PUBLIC scrutiny.

How many times during his campaign did Kerry state that his "complete" military file was already posted on his website? Now he claims that the limited release to 3 specific reporters who are known Kerry supporters (and NOT their respective news organizations by the way), is the more complete "complete" records? I mean the guy flat-out LIED about the completeness of his records over and over again. How do we KNOW that this release doesn't contain additional "smoking guns" other than taking the word of 3 Kerry toadys?

Schadow, you're debating with somone more than capable of moving the goalposts. For every Kerry lie exposed, his minions nuance it away or ignore it completely. Why bother?

...and I'll state this again for the umpteenth time in this forum. IMHO, Kerry attempted to BURY Page 1 of his Streuli fitness report and, like Hillary's Rose Law Firm records, it mysteriously re-appeared long after the heat was off. I'm convinced SOMETHING is on that Page 1 that Kerry doesn't want seen, and the reporters who have seen it are either too ignorant or too far in the tank to shed any light on that subject.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. And, you're right of course that the goalposts get moved easily.

I seem to remember that there are levels of detail or completeness that a signer can specify when signing the 180. Is this true?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are refering to a "deleted" versus an "undeleted" authorization (as I recall, the SF180 has an explanation printed on the form itself). The difference escapes me right now (perhaps someone else knows), but I'm sure John O'Neill expressed satisfaction that the form, as signed, was the authorization SVPT was calling for, except that Kerry's was designee-specific as opposed to unrestricted public access.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who helped me out here. I was able to find images of the three SF 180s Kerry signed in 2005. These 180s were ordered sent to three individual reporters and not to their organizations. The three were sent to a Boston Globe reporter in Washington, DC; an Associated Press writer in Washington and an LA Times reporter at a Maryland address. The 180s specified "all records". They can be viewed (fuzzily) at this Power Line archive.

As to the issue of a less-than-honorable discharge, I wrote the following in my reply to the leftie I was dealing with:

Quote:
We conspiracy theorists start with the premise that, as a sworn officer of the Naval Reserve, Kerry’s words and actions following his return from Vietnam should have and possibly did result in a less-than-honorable discharge.

We conspiracy theorists also believe that if he did get a LTH discharge, it may have been expunged during the Great Carter Amnesty for all deserters, draft evaders, new Canadian residents and other miscreants related to the Vietnam War.

If such happened, I would guess that in such cases, a DOD officer would be assigned a legal Sandy Berger mission to go to the records repository, remove all relevant documentation and supervise its destruction. That’s what expunging means. In that case, there would be no evidence visible in current service records. I doubt that the officer would place an Honorable Discharge in the file which may be why Kerry requested a copy suitable for framing from Sec’y Lehman.

If all the above happened in the manner described, we will never know about it.

Thanks again. I close with a photo (new to me) of our hero.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: