SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caught by the camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Caught by the camera Reply with quote

If you look at the picture of Kerry in his fatigues with ribbons (testimony to the Senate, April 71) you will note that there are two dark ribbons, lower right and lower middle. They are the rifle and pistol markesmanship awards. Not only is there no paperwork on these two awards, he has them in the wrong precedence. By no paperwork I mean there should be a letter in his record authorizing their wear and they should also be mentioned on either the DD214 of 1/70 or the DD215.

Johnny was a bad boy!
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

Johnny "is" a bad boy.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...a minor point, maybe...I was USAF, and received the SAEMR during basic training....it's on my DD214....we also had to requalify prior to SEA tour. Only thing I see on Kerry's is NDSM awarded on his first DD214, prior to accepting comission in Dec. Wouldn't he have done SA quals during basic/OCS???...or maybe he failed to requalify prior to Gridley/and or at Swift Boat school?
Does he wear the Small Movie Camera Expert Aimer Ribbon also??
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously didn't qualify with the M-79. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw pictures of him wearing the movie camera award!

Maybe he'll wear it again tonight for the debate? !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's ribbon rack in the congressional testimony/fatigues photo shows:

Top row: Silver Star, Bronze Star w/ V
Second row: PH w/ 2 stars, Combat Action, Presidental Unit Citation
Third row: Unit Commendation, National Defence, Vietnam Svc. w/ 2 stars
Bottom row: RVN Gallantry Cross, RVN Civic Action, RVN Campaign

All authorized, few earned!

Last edited by William on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Caught by the camera Reply with quote

subsailor 2 wrote:
If you look at the picture of Kerry in his fatigues with ribbons (testimony to the Senate, April 71) you will note that there are two dark ribbons, lower right and lower middle. They are the rifle and pistol markesmanship awards. Not only is there no paperwork on these two awards, he has them in the wrong precedence. By no paperwork I mean there should be a letter in his record authorizing their wear and they should also be mentioned on either the DD214 of 1/70 or the DD215.

Johnny was a bad boy!

Perhaps if one were to look closer, they might even find the Liar's Club Outstanding Achievement Medal
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geano wrote:
Only thing I see on Kerry's is NDSM awarded on his first DD214, prior to accepting comission in Dec. Wouldn't he have done SA quals during basic/OCS???...or maybe he failed to requalify prior to Gridley/and or at Swift Boat school?

Good point - I got my Expert Marksman ribbon in AF OTS and it shows on my first DD 214.
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: I stand by my comments Reply with quote

I stand by my comments. Kerry is wearing two unauthorized awards.

If you look at a blow up of Kerry in front of congress you will see that the first dark ribbon on Kerry's lower right has three light stripes. This is the rifle marksmanship award. The ribbon next to it has two light stripes which is the pistol marksmanship award.

Kerry did earn unit level awards of the Vienamese Cross of Gallantry and the Civil Actions Medal but note that they show up on the 2001 DD215. In addition both awards would have a gold frame around the ribbon and the VCG would have a bronze palm in the center. Finally, the VCG is red with a large gold area inthe center that would show up quite well.

I can supply a good picture that shows what I am referring to if you care to PM me or I can figure out how to post it. I can also supply a picture of yours truly where you can see the contrast between the pistol award and the VCG. The distinction is quite clear even in B/W.

As an aside, he also has them on in the picture where he is getting the Bronze Star. I believe that he is wearing a Navy Unit Commendation in that picture also (I just noticed this point) which had not been awarded when the picture was taken. The NUC was approved in October 1970 and the picture was taken during the summer of 1970.

To answer another question - Kerry did not qualify at OCS. They only do pistol there and there is no letter in his officer jacket which is where they put it (voice of experience here - been there and done that). He probably had another shot at it during swift boat training in San Diego but again where are the letters that should be in his officer's jacket. Until I see the letters, he didn't earn those awards.

The purpose behind the original post is to show a pattern of behavior on Kerry's part that validates the SBVT claims about the other awards especially the first and third Purple Hearts.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had he put even half the effort he put into creating this illusion of himself into doing something worthwhile, he may have turned out to be a halfway descent human being. Man, talk about misguided. He is such a perfect example!!!
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subsailor 2 is dead on, smack @$$ on the money... This could be BIG!

I put together Kerry's "correct" ribbon rack at this site: http://usmedals.com/ribbons2.html?s=&p=&id_medals=0818WB771173

When compaired with the poor res photo I had, it looked like a good match.

BUT, look at this higher quality photo here:

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/images/day3/01.htm

It's harder to make out in his bronze star presentation photo, but I agree that your interpretation is correct here also:

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/images/day2/02.htm

Great catch subsailor 2, KERRY IS CLEARLY WEARING UNAUTHORIZED MEDALS. He is busted, and it was right before us all the time!

Burkett (is that the author of Stolen Valor) will LOVE this. Thanks for hanging in there and making me look this again subsailor 2!!!!
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is CLEARLY out of uniform!

Not only are both my expert pistol and rifleman medals cited on my DD214, but the documentation to back up the combat "V" I received with them is clearly spelled out...
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: