SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why didn't anyone get the word to O'neill???!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GIJoel2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Why didn't anyone get the word to O'neill???!!! Reply with quote

His appearence on Hannity and Colmes would have been the perfect opportunity to take Kerry up on his "Bring It On" comment directed to George Bush. As I have said before, Bush is neither qualified nor has he earned the right to debate Kerry's war record...Kerry knows this, thus the disingenuous "challenge." The Swifties, on the other hand, are well qualified (and more importantly) they have earned the right to accept Kerry's phony "bring it on" invitation. I emailed and emailed them. The Swifties need to become more savvy about rapidly using Kerry's statements and "challenges" against him. Had O'neill accepted Kerry's challenge, the silence from the Kerry camp would have been deafening. When Kerry's advisors finally finished peeing their pants and issued a statement, they would have no choice but to decline the challenge, thus forever putting the Kerry campaign on the defensive.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill was asked a week ago on Hannity and Colmes whether he would debate John Kerry, he said he would. The problem is there is no way that Kerry would debate O'Neill, as O'Neill would demolish him.
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people presidential candidates debate is other presidential candidates. While I'd love to see O'Neil demolish Kerry, it ain't going to happen.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His appearence on Hannity and Colmes would have been the perfect opportunity to take Kerry up on his "Bring It On" comment directed to George Bush.

Precisely WHY he could NOT address it. SBVT is not about President Bush, so any comment or challenged issued TO President Bush can NOT be addressed, as tempting as it might be to do so.

Have faith. There are a couple of months until the election, there is plenty of opportunity to watch the Kerry machine self-destruct, hoist on its own petard, as it were.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Why didn't... Reply with quote

From my brief exposure to Mr. O'Neill, he's not usually given to braggadocios oratory. Additionally, I believe it's much too early for the victory swagger. Recall that Bush still trails Kerry in substantial numbers in three of the swing states (Wisconsin, Ohio & ...uh-forgot). I believe Swiftees should stay the course determinedly and forget about celebrations until the President calls.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil is a standup guy. Hell I would vote for him in political office. You will see more of him on tv and I am sure you will see him tackle alot more issues. To me he is the best spokesperson with SBVFT. Thurlow is too normal..lol.. Very Happy .. He tripped over alot of words as I myself would do. Dont get me wrong. I respect him to the fullest and he is doing what he fills right. I am not saying otherwise.

Curt
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Cambodian Christmas, the CIA secret missions, the medals quandry, and now the LONG hour and a half operation to rig the -3 boat for towing (if they were in a hot firefight, you'd think someone might suggest unassing the AO!) ... There is some good news for Kerry. He saved 15% by switching to GEICO!
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Why didn't... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Recall that Bush still trails Kerry in substantial numbers in three of the swing states (Wisconsin, Ohio & ...uh-forgot).

Colmes quoted some numbers tonight re Ohio showing Kerry way ahead, but they were registered voter numbers. Likely voter numbers, the ones that actually reflect what will happen, are much closer. The last LV three polls in OH show K+2, K+2 and B+4. That's a statistical tie.

Last edited by MikeGranby on Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Why... Reply with quote

I agree, he's the best Swiftee and thus far has won every confrontation. However, don't forget about the enormous coffers they are able to throw at the problem. I saw the amount of $62 million being bandied about -- wow! Stay the course. Many of us non-Swiftees support you completely.
GIJoel2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is, Kerry issued the challenge, O'neill could have accepted the challenge, and then could pound and pound on the fact that Kerry is dodging him. He could also point out that this is typical of Kerry. That is, Kerry has spent his whole life setting up strawmen to knock down. He did when he lied about Vietnam (under oath), he did it when he lied about the Swifties, and he's doing it now by challenging Bush to a debate he knows nothing about. As I have said before, Kerry "Bring It On" challenge to Bush is like challenging the head of the FDA to a debate about foreign policy. This has nothing to do with being braggadocious, it's all about holding Kerry accountable for his actions and statments.
Beldar
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry is a prime example of the species Lawyerus Politico.

John O'Neill is a prime example of the species Lawyerus Courtroom-Ferocious.

The two species are mutually exclusive of one another, and in an honest debate the latter can eat the former alive. But the latter has no interest in inhabiting the caves of the former, which tend to be filled with the former's own droppings and an excess of hot air.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Why didn't anyone get the word to O'neill???!!! Reply with quote

GIJoel2 wrote:
... As I have said before, Bush is neither qualified nor has he earned the right to debate Kerry's war record...Kerry knows this, thus the disingenuous "challenge."

Where are you coming from with such a statement? I believe that our President is most qualified to comment on these issues since he is a man of high integrity and morality. DOES the litmus test need to show BLOOD to gain some mystical badge of courage which only then entitles the person to be "qualified"?
GIJoel2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I think O'neill is an excellent speaker and VERY courageous. Overall they are doing an excellent job. But opportunities like Kerry's "Bring It On" challenge cannot be ignored. Statements like these are like an overripe fruit hanging down on a bended branch.

Go Swifties!!!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the LAST time (in recent history, please) that a Presidential Candidate DEBATED a non-Presidential candidate during the election season?

I can't recall a single instance, but then again, I need sleep.
GIJoel2
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush can't debate Kerry on Vietnam because he wasn't there. This is between Kerry and the Swifties. They are the eye witnesses. What's Bush going to do during the debate, read O'neill's book to Kerry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: