SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for Swift Vets
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Questions for Swift Vets Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum, and would like to apologize if this is a repeat topic (after a cursory examination, I do not believe it is).

I would like to know how SBVFT answers the attacks made on one of their first advertisements by John Stewart. The transcript of the attacks follows:

TRANSCRIPT: DAILY SHOW "SWIFT BOAT VETS FOR TRUTH" SEGMENT, 8/9/04

Admin note - snipped excerpts - The Daily Show??? Good grief!

Quota for Kerry Talking Points Exceeded
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking just for me, and from the perspective of 30 years of service including Vietnam I find nothing dubious about President Bush's military record (always have respected fighter pilots, regardless of where they flew).
Of course my view may not synch with various comedians and those whose service is limited to video games.
Drew
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Speaking just for me, and from the perspective of 30 years of service including Vietnam I find nothing dubious about President Bush's military record (always have respected fighter pilots, regardless of where they flew).

What's dubious is not where he served, but the fact that records are missing concerning his service, and doubts remain if he even served for the duration of his term.
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions for Swift Vets Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
I'm new to this forum, and would like to apologize if this is a repeat topic (after a cursory examination, I do not believe it is).

I would like to know how SBVFT answers the attacks made on one of their first advertisements by John Stewart.

Humor aside, these attacks are very damaging in my opinion to the credibility of SBVFT. I do, however, remain open-minded, and would like to give SBVFT a chance to rebut.

John Stewart hosts a news parody show. Need I say anymore.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for heaven's sake - I asked for a complete copy of my records from the records center and finally got them back months later - there was NOTHING in there - not more than twenty pages! Missing medical records, missing drill records, missing letter of commendation, missing evals, missing nearly everything!

And that was from 20 years ago, not 35!

He missed some drills and he made them up - BFD. So did I. Rolling Eyes
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who appeared in the first ad, did not -- as Stewart claimed -- just serve with Kerry in Vietnam. They were fellow Swift Boat sailors who served in his same division. Some bunked with Kerry. They went on the same missions together and were able to observe Kerry very closely. Kerry reported to others in the ad.

Kerry's fellow officers were in a better position to judge the character of the man and his quality as a sailor than those who served under him.

In the third ad, the sailor who sailed under Kerry the longest appears.

Kerry's wound was memorable to Dr. Letson not because it was "mild", but because Kerry sought a Purple Heart for such a minor wound.

In addition, the third SBVT ad deals with Kerry's repeated statements regarding his time in Cambodia.

There is no evidence disputing the charge that Kerry was NEVER five miles inside of Cambodia. There is no evidence suppoting Kerry's claim that he ran guns into Cambodia or was ever on any mission that took him into Cambodia. All available evidence indicates this is an absolute lie on Kerry's part.

A lie he made on the floor of the US Senate.

All of this not withstanding, to me personally, those is not the real issues.

The real issue that makes Kerry unfit for command, is his activity upon his return.

John Kerry's sworn statements before a US Senate Committee are what this is all about. His words are not in dispute. That his actions were used against AMERICAN POWs is not in dispute.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Drew
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Oh for heaven's sake - I asked for a complete copy of my records from the records center and finally got them back months later - there was NOTHING in there - not more than twenty pages! Missing medical records, missing drill records, missing letter of commendation, missing evals, missing nearly everything!

And that was from 20 years ago, not 35!

So if missing records for military service are commonplace, then why is there so much emphasis on missing records for Kerry's service in Vietnam, which would be much more difficult to have documented due to the high volume of records at the time, and the sheer confusion of the war.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Drew, Senator Kerry has not signed Standard Form 180, which would authorize release of this paperwork.
Drew
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccr wrote:
Those who appeared in the first ad, did not -- as Stewart claimed -- just serve with Kerry in Vietnam. They were fellow Swift Boat sailors who served in his same division. Some bunked with Kerry. They went on the same missions together and were able to observe Kerry very closely. Kerry reported to others in the ad.

Where is the evidence to support this claim, and what must be done to bring it to the attention of John Stewart and the Daily Show. Has any effort been made by SBVFT to obtain a retraction of these claims, if they are indeed, as you say, false?
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew:
Nobody is asking Kerry to release "missing records". Rather there is emphasis on his signing Form 180 so the public has access to known existing records, estimated at 90+ pages by the Navy.
Moreover, I am unaware of any missing Bush records. Exclamation
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if missing records for military service are commonplace, then why is there so much emphasis on missing records for Kerry's service in Vietnam, which would be much more difficult to have documented due to the high volume of records at the time, and the sheer confusion of the war.

That's just it. They AREN'T missing. There are over 100 pages known to exist. We could see them if Kerry would simply sign the SF 180.

Get a grip.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Drew Reply with quote

Drew,
Personally I'm more dubious of Mr. Kerry who "volunteered for combat" and then BUGGED OUT on his comrades 8 months early (the only one to do so). Then Mr. kerry comes home and stabs them in the back by accusing them of being War Criminals.

As had been said on this forum:

Anyone who saw the HBO series "Band of Brothers" knows that they believed that they were not heros but they served in the company of heroes.

John Kerry concept of a "Band of Brothers" is that he was a hero who served in the company of war criminals!

Reminder: this Forum is not about Mr. Bush, its about Mr. Kerry being unfit for Command! Perhaps you may want to look at the survival statistics for flying single engine century series fighter aircraft in peacetime! It was not a healthy profession!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's dubious is not where he served, but the fact that records are missing concerning his service, and doubts remain if he even served for the duration of his term.[/quote]

What's dubious is you. You have totally ignored the fact that the swift boat vets story has remained constant, something that one cannot say for John F-ing Kerry's rendition of things. If you cannot unbderstand what is going on here, then you are too ignorant to be here, and I see no reason to waste my time beyond exposing your rediculous questions as being too partisan to be coming from anyone with an open mind. You disregard the fact that Kerry has a handful of people that support him, and 254 that offer another view. Why are you so willing to accept the word of a proven liar to that of 254 honorable, decorated veterans? Kerry's words are a matter of record. Anything Kerry says is OK, but rebuttal is not allowed, and should be viewed as suspect. Well I suspect you and your agenda.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:

First, John Kerry himself made many records available which are now no longer on his web site.

I would bet that he has had plenty of time to purchase a thorough "scrubbing of his official service jacket," from a clerk with less integrity than money.

I would also bet that he has had a complete set of his own records for many years, even though the Armed Forces didn't start preaching that everyone should make copies of everything in their service jackets until many years later.

Many of his lies in "Tour of Duty" came from his Vietnam journals, which he also refuses to release.

Fortunately, his service jacket is not the only source of records. Some of the more enterprising members here have found conflicting evidence in the after action reports filed by JK as well as other peer officers.

And there are even some recorded radio transmissions recently discovered which don't look very good for Kerry, so the transcript of those will probably soon be available.

The Daily Show. Good grief. Rolling Eyes
Drew
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I lack a total understanding of the situation with this particular form. Is it a requirement for all military personnel to sign this form and have their records made public, and in what way has John Kerry deviated from the standard procedure?

Last edited by Drew on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: