SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume to talk about Kerry in Paris - Fox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only heard brief refrence to Kerry's Paris meeting. Where can I read about it? Or see a video of it?

Stacman wrote:
About damn time someone made an issue of it. I'm still waiting for someone to make a case for providing aid and comfort to the enemy while a member of the armed forces, and the consequences of those actions. seems if that could stick, this election would be over with in minutes...
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get too hung-up on the you don't have to be active military to commit treason. It's worse if it's pushed as Kerry being "in the military at the time" along with the oath to defend his country. This will have more resonance with more people.
________
TOYOTA CANADA INC.

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have only heard brief refrence to Kerry's Paris meeting. Where can I read about it? Or see a video of it?

www.wintersoldier.com

www.stolenhonor.com

JUST SENT SOME OF THE GREAT RESPONSES HERE
TO MAJOR GARRETT, ASKING HIM TO FURTHER
INVESTIGATE THE EFFECTS OF KERRY'S PARIS TRIPS.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
lftrn97
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Reserve Service Reply with quote

Are the records out on how sKerry met his Reserve obligations?
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a lawyer but, I believe it is illeagal for a U.S. citizen to negotiate with an agent of a foriegn government, He can not deny negotiating with them, well he can but it is on tape that he did
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not also mentioned in his senate testimony? He says openly he negociated in Paris. He even admits it might have been "borderline" concern. It talks to congress about bypassing the presidents authority to bring a referrendum. That he/his group, could negociate with others..etc.

The CHAIRMAN: The congress cannot directly under our system negociate a cease-fire or anything of this kind. Under our constitutional system we can advise the President. WE have to persuade the President the urgency of taking this action. Now we have certain way in which to proceed. We can, of course, express ourselves in a resolution or we can pass an act which directly affects appropriations which is the most concrete positive way the Congress can express itself.

KERRY: "Mr. Chairman, I realize that full well as a study of political science. I realize that we cannot negociate treaties and I realize that even my vistits in Paris, precendents had been set by Senator McCarthy and others, in a sense are on the borderline of private individuals negociating, et cetera.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry: Bring it on!

IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...checking, but I believe I have seen news lately that Kerry's honorable discharge is dated March 12, 2001. With his other "questionable records", Silver Star with "V" for "Virgin", his excellent Cambodian adventure fairy tales, and all the rest of his "nuances", maybe this is a better picture of what happens when he is placed in a leadership position.
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing official is likely to come of Kerry's meetings with the N. Vietnamese in Paris.

Public personalities with either great favor with a constituency or in crowd political support seemingly get exemptions from any prosecutorial scrutiny.

More recent examples would be antics of Jesse Jackson, Jimmy Carter and Sandy Berger.

It is not one of the features of our republic form of democracy that I admire.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It proves Kerry and Edwards are correct when they say they have a vision of two Americas: one for them and the elitists, and one for the rest of us. Thanks, I'll take ours anyday.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Brit Hume to talk about Kerry in Paris - Fox Now Reply with quote

The following Sept 17 article from Front Page has an excellent article by conservative lawyer Henry Mark Holzer enttled: 'John Kerry, Criminal':
it seems to address actual different cases from others who brokr the all the concerns about what laws kerry broke and what punishment he should receive for his actions with the enemy during a war 'regardless of whether he was inactive or ready reserve

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15127
American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: FBI Files show Kerry said Violent Seizure of Government Okay Reply with quote

Ohio Voter and Stacman,
There are may declassified FBI documents that I'm reading through. I recall reading that a meeting in Paris was going to take place, but I haven't read a document outlining the meeting. I has been reported on the news. The meeting did take place while Kerry was in the Naval Reserve.

I found a report on Kerry where he said "the political power structure can and must change if the nation is to avoid violent efforts to seize power." Kerry further stated, "those who are talking about seizing it (the government) will have every right to go after it."

In a addition to the FBI Report, I did find the actual article in the archives for the Sunday Oklahoman that was printed on November 7, 1971. The report was in Section A, on page 22.

Turn up the truth!
American

Sunday Oklahoman: Nov. 7, 1971

John F. Kerry said, "The political power structure within the United States can and must change if the nation is to avoid violent efforts to seize power.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are may declassified FBI documents that I'm reading through. I recall reading that a meeting in Paris was going to take place, but I haven't read a document outlining the meeting. I has been reported on the news.

Kerry went to Paris August 1971 / per document in fbi files
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=73911

Wink
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUESTION: Wouldn't the Logan Act also apply to his antics in Nicaragua?

Quote:
It is not one of the features of our republic form of democracy that I admire.

I'm confused here? Maybe I've misunderstood what you meant?
If there are laws concerning above are you saying that one is allowed to circumvent said law through celebrity? That that is a feature of our republican form of democracy?

OR- is it that the laws are simply ignored and the citizens have not demanded that they be followed?
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that the Kerry people are not interested in the truth. His whole life has been about propaganda.

They responded to the "Friends" ad (Kerry in Paris) by saying the visits were not "secret!" They attack the adjectives and ignore the substance.

So, do not get hung up on "negotiating" with the enemy. And do not get hung up on his being "in the military" at the time. Then the controversy will be set up by them as whether or not he was subject to the UCMj - not about the fact of the vsiits themselves!

They are trying to get us to play their game. Don't fall for it.

The Logan Act (18 USC 953) does NOT refer to "negotiating." It says ". . . any correspondence or intercourse with any . . . officer or agent . . . in relation to any controversies with the United States . . . or to defeat the measures of the United States . . ."

In this context, "the United States" does not mean public opinion or the people, it means specifically the Federal Government of the United States.
It cannot be clearer that this is exactly what Kerry was doing. If you get hung up on "negotiating," then the controversy becomes about a definition of terms, not about the substance.

They even went so far as to say Kerry did not attend any of the negotiating sessions. Come on! The only way he could get into a session was in an official capacity; they did not sell tickets to bleacher seats. He sure as hell was not going to be invited to attend by the American side, and Madame Binh, as much as she may have wanted to, could not show up at the table with an American Naval Aide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: