SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry May Withdraw Concession
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Kerry May Withdraw Concession Reply with quote

27-Dec-2004

Democratic Presidential Candidate John Kerry is exploring his legal options after learning that there are serious questions about the validity of the vote count in Ohio. On December 23, Senator Kerry's Ohio attorney Jerry Hoffheimer stated on MSNBC's Countdown that the Senator will be seeking to obtain evidence being presented in a recount suit being pressed by the Green and Libertarian parties in Ohio.

It is being alleged that Triad GSI, which supplied voting machines to half of Ohio counties either failed to properly secure the machines or intentionaly interfered with their operation, causing them to produce incorrect vote counts that favored President Bush.

Mr. Hofheimer has said that Senator Kerry is not at this time disputing the President's victory in Ohio, but only seeking assurances that the recount of votes in Ohio counties has been carried out accurately.

Should the Ohio vote be invalidated or another recount reveal that Senator Kerry won the state, a constitutional crisis at least the equal of the 2000 Florida controversy would occur.

SBD
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry May Withdraw Concession Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
27-Dec-2004

Should the Ohio vote be invalidated or another recount reveal that Senator Kerry won the state, a constitutional crisis at least the equal of the 2000 Florida controversy would occur.

SBD

I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about this fraud once again being pushed off on the american public. I need a 'rolaid' and to quote my wife,"I couldn't stand to look at that head for four years".

Going on the offense with an investigation into his relationship with Colliers International, his senatorial record or Vietnam medical history will put this individual in a defensive posture . I think the average american has had enough of this crap. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the recount is over an Kerry picked up an astounding 300 votes. Very Happy

I haven't confirmed this yet.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By hook or by crook.
Sure hate to tell ya'll I told you so....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=368308
TOLEDO, Ohio Dec 29, 2004 — Election officials have finished the presidential recount in Ohio, with the final tally shaving about 300 votes off President Bush's six-figure margin of victory in the state that gave him a second term.
The recount shows Bush winning Ohio by 118,457 votes over John Kerry, according to unofficial results provided Tuesday to The Associated Press by the 88 counties. Lucas County, home to Toledo, was the last to finish counting.
The state had earlier declared Bush the winner by 118,775 votes and plans to adjust its totals to reflect the recount later this week.
The Kerry campaign supported the recount, but said it did not expect the tally to change the election winner. Supporters of the recount, requested by two minor party candidates, said they wanted to make sure every valid vote was counted.

Kerry gained 734 more votes in the recount, and Bush picked up 449, mostly from disqualified ballots that were counted in the second tally because hanging chads had come loose when ballots were handled again or rerun through counting machines.
That put Kerry 285 votes closer to Bush. The president's victory margin declined by about three dozen more votes when some counties adjusted their certified vote totals.
The Green and Libertarian party presidential candidates asked for the recount and raised the $113,600 required under state law for the process.
Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell has estimated that the recount will end up costing taxpayers $1.5 million.
Witnesses who watched workers count ballots by hand and machine said the effort provided assurance that boards were accurately counting ballots.
But the completion of the recount will not bring an end to questions surrounding the vote in Ohio.
A group of voters citing fraud have challenged the election results with the Ohio Supreme Court. The voters, supported by the Rev. Jesse Jackson, have cited irregularities including long lines, a shortage of voting machines in minority precincts and problems with computer equipment.
Attorney General Jim Petro has called the challenge frivolous and argued that the state Supreme Court does not have jurisdiction over a federal election.
Cliff Arnebeck, an attorney representing the voters in the challenge, wasn't taking much stock in the recount effort. He questioned why there was no independent investigation into the accuracy of counting machines to determine whether the machines had been tampered with.
"You're allowing the original error to be repeated a second time, so it's not a meaningful recount," he said.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry May Withdraw Concession Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
SBD wrote:
27-Dec-2004

SBD

I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about this fraud once again being pushed off on the american public. I need a 'rolaid' and to quote my wife,"I couldn't stand to look at that head for four years".

Going on the offense with an investigation into his relationship with Colliers International, his senatorial record or Vietnam medical history will put this individual in a defensive posture . I think the average american has had enough of this crap. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I think, perhaps, we need to better consider the source here. This "news" is all being generated outside the MSM by the whacko fringe. Consider, for example, several other "stories" presented by the "author" of this article.

Quote:
THIS WEEK'S NEWS
28-Dec-2004
Are Cosmic Rays Changing Our Weather?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28-Dec-2004
Volcano May Cause Atlantic Tidal Waves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27-Dec-2004
27-Dec-2004
'Great' Quake has Earth Vibrating
27-Dec-2004
UFOs Over Iran: Gov't Issues Shoot-Down Order

26-Dec-2004
Strongest quake in forty years rocks Asia

Unknowncountry.com may be entertaining reading, but it's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Free Press -- Independent News Media - Election 2004
... Meanwhile, efforts to recount Ohio's vote may have been fatally tainted by the ... the Ohio vote count to make it impossible for a meaningful recount to ...
www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2004/996 - 31k - Dec 27, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2004/996
Ohio vote count battles escalate amidst new evidence of potential criminal activity
by Bob Fitrakis, Steve Rosenfeld and Harvey Wasserman
December 18, 2004

The epic legal battle over Ohio's presidential vote count is back in the state Supreme Court, with an election challenge claiming George W. Bush was wrongly declared the winner on Nov. 2 and seeking a court-ordered reversal of that victory.

(Deleted by Admin)

Ohio Voting Bombshell
... Legitimacy of Ohio Vote Recount Called Into Question After Probe. By Ken Hoop. After several weeks of utilizing Ohio election laws to demand a recount, ...
www.americanfreepress.net/ html/ohio_voting_bombshell.html - 29k - Dec 28, 2004 -

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/ohio_voting_bombshell.html

Ohio Voting Bombshell

Legitimacy of Ohio Vote Recount Called Into Question After Probe
By Ken Hoop
After several weeks of utilizing Ohio election laws to demand a recount, Third Party presidential candidates David Cobb of the Green Party and Libertarian Michael Badnarik have achieved their first tangible success. Two stunning affidavits recently filed have made it virtually impossible for GOP Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell to tidily sabotage the recount process.

(Deleted By Admin)
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthout - Video Supporting Ohio Vote Fraud Claim Revealed
... initial count. The purpose of the Ohio recount law is to randomly check vote counts to see if they match machine counts. By attempting ...
www.truthout.org/docs_04/122404X.shtml - 18k - Dec 27, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.truthout.org ]

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Mother....This forum will no longer serve as a mirror/host for unedited leftist material. If you feel it important to quote particular, limited selected material from such a source, please feel free to do so with your accompanying thoughts/rebuttals. Thanks.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to check this out:

http://blog.democrats.com/ohio
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's ABC News' "spin" on the story...I assume the "headline" belongs to ABC and the body of the story to AP...what a pathetic joke...300 votes "closer" in a margin of 118K Laughing

Quote:
Ohio Recount Ends, Shows Vote Closer
Ohio Finishes Presidential Recount, Showing Bush and Kerry About 300 Votes Closer

TOLEDO, Ohio Dec 29, 2004 (AP) — Election officials have finished the presidential recount in Ohio, with the final tally shaving about 300 votes off President Bush's six-figure margin of victory in the state that gave him a second term.

The recount shows Bush winning Ohio by 118,457 votes over John Kerry, according to unofficial results provided Tuesday to The Associated Press by the 88 counties. Lucas County, home to Toledo, was the last to finish counting.

The state had earlier declared Bush the winner by 118,775 votes and plans to adjust its totals to reflect the recount later this week.

The Kerry campaign supported the recount, but said it did not expect the tally to change the election winner. Supporters of the recount, requested by two minor party candidates, said they wanted to make sure every valid vote was counted.

ABC News - con't
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I knew it was quite a bit of information, I assumed it was important that this group know what that information was, in its entirety without needing to click a link. In no way, shape, form or fashion was this an attempt to mirror/host leftist material. Thank you.

Admin note: Please see PM. Thanks.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio Recount Ends, Shows Vote Closer
Another example of a miss leading head line. Kerry adds 300 votes out of a total cast of 5,481,750 it is like adding a drop of water into a lake and saying the lake is fuller now. Bush still has a majority of 51% of the vote in Ohio.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Over folks. The Electoral College voted. Fini, Done, Mr Lurch and anyone else stupid enough to believe the MSM and Liberal hype. W is still the President. The Libs have got four more years to be miserable.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted on the internet December 28, 2004, but dated December 18, 2004
Do you suppose it’s a typo?

Quote:
(Unattributed "Free Press" content deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Those wishing to view this "news" may do so at http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2004/996

Then, I found this:
Quote:
Keith Olbermann
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:2F1meMspk0J:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240/+ohio+vote+recount&hl=en
December 27, 2004 | 7:45 p.m. ET
Conspiracies theorized, or conspiracies invoked?
SECAUCUS, N.J. — A theory advanced by John Harwood of The Wall Street Journal goes, more or less, that certain politicians are endeavoring to take advantage of the 20 percent of the population that the last Gallup Poll says is not fully convinced of the legitimacy of the last presidential election.
It seems fair to suggest that Sen. John Kerry just might be one of the politicians Harwood means.
Last Thursday night, his lead attorney on the ground in Ohio, Daniel J. Hoffheimer, issued a statement that constituted the third or fourth eyebrow-raiser from the Kerry camp in the post-election period.
In announcing that the Kerry-Edwards group would join the bid in Federal District Court in Ohio to preserve all "evidence" from the election and recount there, Mr. Hoffheimer said, on behalf of the senators, that such preservation was necessary because, "Only then can the integrity of the entire electoral process and the election of Bush-Cheney warrant the public trust."

“The problem is, of course, that it was not some great, conspiracy-based, tin-foil-hat, piece of linguistic gymnastics, to infer from the conclusion to Mr. Hoffheimer's Thursday statement, that the Kerry-Edwards campaign did not believe that "the integrity of the entire electoral process and the election of Bush-Cheney" warranted the public trust.”

AND THIS:
Quote:
• December 27, 2004 | 12:11 p.m. ET
Kerry lawyer: does the re-election warrant the public trust? (Keith Olbermann)
“NEW YORK— I spent the weekend holding the latest statement from John Kerry’s Ohio attorney up to the light, to see if I could read the secret treasure map written in invisible ink on the other side.”
“In signing on to the Glibs’ court bid to preserve all the evidence of what has been a severely compromised recount, Daniel Hoffheimer told us at Countdown: “Only then can the integrity of the entire electoral process and the election of Bush-Cheney warrant the public trust.”
“Surely, I’m not going out on a limb here to infer that at the moment, Mr. Hoffheimer and the Kerry-Edwards campaign don’t think the entire electoral process and the election of President Bush warrant the public trust.
I mean, the infamous “regardless of the outcome of the election,” phrase in Kerry’s only post-concession comment on the mangled vote was so subtle in both temporality and meaning that it could have been inserted in a statement dealing with any eventuality ranging from a clearly determined vote that was in the past, to a still undecided result.
But not Hoffheimer’s. Them’s (to borrow the language of the noted political pundit Yosemite Sam) fightin’ words. Fightin’ words issued last Thursday evening, as America got out of town for a holiday weekend. Fightin’ words that came just eight working days before the Electoral College votes are opened before Congress, and Maxine Waters or John Conyers or anybody else in the House can crawl all the way out on the limb of formal challenge, and it won’t matter a jot if there isn’t one Senator to crawl out there with them.”
“It’s unfathomable that Kerry would sign the requisite written challenge. Given his incredibly nuanced response to the entire voting irregularities story, and his evident aspiration to become the Adlai Stevenson or even William Jennings Bryan of the 21st Century, becoming the Senate sponsor of the challenge would seem about as likely and about as consistent as a motorist doing 20 in the right hand lane, suddenly accelerating to 110 and doing the full Bill Murray Groundhog Day bit into the quarry.
Kerry’s signature might not even be sought. There has been “very serious” contact among the staffs of leading Democrats in both houses about the implications of the challenge, according to a congressional figure privy to that contact. He estimates for us that the chance of a Senator actually signing on has — in the last week — risen from almost nothing, to upwards of one third.”
“And there is still that coda from Hoffheimer’s statement. By itself, it is the thrown gauntlet, and yet it is produced at a time when gauntlets are pretty much symbolic protests. Unless, perhaps, that is the strategy here. The Ohio election was undeniably full of holes, but barring developments unforeseen, the collective verified hole is not likely to be big enough to drive a truck carrying 10,000 uncounted votes through it.
However, the recount has been butchered, badly enough that even an editorial in Sunday’s Toledo Blade noted “the miserable performance of much of the American electoral system.”
“Is the political premise here to redirect attention from the hazy confusion of election day voter suppression or unexplained lockdowns or troubled equipment, to the simpler-to-digest black-and-white issues of the recount? “Law says A. You did Z.” The full Hoffheimer statement includes this: “Senators Kerry and Edwards… want to be sure that all circumstances involved in the Ohio election, including the recount, should be put before the Court and disclosed to the American people.” For the record, Hoffheimer’s full statement to Countdown is included at the bottom of this entry.”
“Excepting the possibility that the Greens/Libertarians/Kerry-Edwards suit will be immediately dismissed, this court action in Ohio is not going to be processed quickly enough to affect the inauguration. It could, instead, become a kind of institutionalized protest, the exact kind of lingering, evolving post-post game show that Al Gore swore the Democrats off of in 2000. It could become, in effect, the slow-moving symbol of the final line Hoffheimer’s statement, questioning public trust in “the entire electoral process and the election of Bush-Cheney…”
“Voters and politicians will have to determine if that is an appropriate playing field for political discourse for the next two or four years.”

“As promised, the full text of the statement to Countdown from the evening of December 23 of Daniel J. Hoffheimer, State Legal Counsel, Ohio, Kerry-Edwards 2004, Inc., (and, yes, he’s referring to himself in the third person here):
“Daniel Hoffheimer, State Legal Counsel for the Kerry-Edwards campaign, told MSNBC today that Kerry-Edwards will support the third-party candidates in asking the Federal Court in the Ohio recount lawsuit to order the preservation of the evidence obtained during the recount and to expedite discovery of the facts. Hoffheimer said that various problems and errors have occurred in a number of Ohio's 88 county boards of elections during the recount, which will conclude next week. Hoffheimer acknowledged that the most publicized of these problems was the machine manipulation in Hocking County but said that the developing evidence will reveal other problems as well. He said that Senators Kerry and Edwards are very concerned that the law for conducting the recount should be uniformly followed. They want to be sure that all circumstances involved in the Ohio election, including the recount, should be put before the Court and disclosed to the American people. Only then, Hoffheimer said, can the integrity of the entire electoral process and the election of Bush-Cheney warrant the public trust."

Now, I didn’t have time this morning to provide a commentary or personal exegesis on all of this, however, it’s after midnight, and I’ve got a few minutes. This morning was spent getting extra inspiration to my son, who is sick with a respiratory ailment doing pugel sticks in 38 degree weather at Parris Island, after missing his call on Christmas Eve.

I'm confused, are we only to post "feel good" stuff?

I don’t trust Edwards more than I don’t trust Kerry. That oughta speak volumes. I watched him closely at the concession~ his jaw was twitching and hard set. He was pissed. He staked his whole life and future on this campaign. He’s a man who means to win. If you think Kerry’s a snake, (and I do) Edwards may be twice that. Look at who he’s crawled over to get where he was. He was absent from my state so much the newspapers were against him, until he got the nomination! These two have been too quiet, hiding too well in the weeks since the election. If they can’t take the White House legally then, as I stated earlier, why not by hook or by crook? And if they can’t do it thataway, I think they’ll tear this country to shreds to save their fame and fortune. Edwards is no loser. He's a polished winner. And here Swift Vets sit.

Is this what you were looking for, Admin?

Admin note: Please do not post comments relating to forum administration within the forum itself. I have responded to you on this subject privately. Let's keep it that way.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Keith Olberman, what else can you say. The goof is a hard left Bushophobe. He is the faux journalistic equivalent of Mo Dowd. All venom, no substance.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Instead Reply with quote

Instead of withdrawing his concession, he could always open a concession stand in the Senate. At least, then he'd be there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: