SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't remember this from Oliver Stones Movie on JFK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: I don't remember this from Oliver Stones Movie on JFK Reply with quote

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=18739

Quote:
Many of those closest to the early evidence (prior to the Warren Commission's) are convinced that Castro made good on his boast. "I'll tell you something that will rock you," Lyndon Johnson told Howard K. Smith in 1966. "Kennedy tried to get Castro-- but Castro got Kennedy first."

General Alexander Haig agreed with LBJ. Haig served as a military aide under both the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. "As I read the secret report I felt a sense of physical shock, a rising of the hair on the back of my neck.." he writes about an incident one month after the Kennedy assassination when a classified report crossed his desk. "I walked the report over to my superiors and watched their faces go ashen. "From this moment, Al." said his superiors, "You will forget you ever read this piece of paper, or that it ever existed."

The classified intelligence report that so rattled Haig and caused so many faces to go ashen described how a few days before the Dallas assassination, Lee Harvey Oswald, accompanied by Castro intelligence agents, had been spotted in Havana, where he'd traveled from Mexico city.

Amidst a stack of declassified Soviet correspondence that Boris Yeltzin made a available to President Bill Clinton in the early 90's was a letter from Jacqueline Kennedy to Nikita Khrushchev dated just ten days after the assassination. In it Mrs Kennedy assures the Soviet leader that she doesn't suspect Soviet involvement in her husband's assassination. She wrote that she was convinced the culprit was Castro.

For 34 years Markus Wolf was the chief of East Germany's foreign intelligence service, a branch of the STASI with many contacts and operations in Castro's Cuba. It was the STASI rather than the KGB that undertook the training of Castro's police and intelligence services. Wolf's autobiography is titled, "Man Without a Face" and subtitled "The Autobiography of Communism's Greatest Spymaster." Most intelligence experts agree that the subtitle fits. Wolf was once asked about the Kennedy assassination and quickly replied. "Don't ask me--ask Fidel Castro."

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years I have read several books related to Kennedy's assasination. Nearly all were plausible and few even agreed on the minutest of "evidence."

I am convinced that Oswald was not the lone gunman, probably not the gunman at all, but we'll never know now.

A couple years ago I visited Dealy Plaza for the first time in my life. The layout of the plaza and the "official" record of the killing don't add up to me.

As for who was actually behind it, that too we may never actually know since evidence has dissappeared (from the hands of RFK, no less) and no one has actually delved into any of it for over 20 years.

Some have said Kennedy was prepared to pull us out of Viet Nam in '64, after the election. Others say that isn't so.

I do know that Castro has adamantly maintained he was not behind it, but he remains the lone Communist nation we never made up with and established ties.

How this latest revelation will play out, if at all, remains to be seen. But, I doubt we will ever know the whole truth in our lifetimes.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always thought Castro was in some way involved, yet your right in that we will most likely never know. In my opinion JFK was the last ant-communist Democrat of prominence. If it ever did come out that Castro was responsible for JFK and/or RFK's death the left would have some explaining to do.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone's movie was pure fiction of the Michael Moore type. They are soul mates in this mindset. Most of the conspiricy theories are bunk.

Read "Case Closed' by Gerald Posner and then visit Dealy Plaza. I believe Warren Commision basically got it right. Recent technology has reinforced it rather than called much into question.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe in these conspiracy theories, then read Case Closed as GM Strong mentioned.

Posner did a wonderful job and it convinced me that there is NO conspiracy theory. Did you know Oswald tried to kill a right wing Texas politician just before the JFK assassination? Most people don't; he almost did but a piece of wood in the window sash made the bullet deflect. Posner also takes issue with a lot of these books out there about the conspiracy. It is a must read.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
If you believe in these conspiracy theories, then read Case Closed as GM Strong mentioned.

Posner did a wonderful job and it convinced me that there is NO conspiracy theory. Did you know Oswald tried to kill a right wing Texas politician just before the JFK assassination? Most people don't; he almost did but a piece of wood in the window sash made the bullet deflect. Posner also takes issue with a lot of these books out there about the conspiracy. It is a must read.

It wasn't a politician, it was retired Gen. Edwin Walker who had been Commander of NATO forces. He was a Bircher and the assassination attempt in April 1963 was not solved till the Carcano bullet was linked to Oswald's rifle. There is more to it, but that is the basics.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Case Open by Harold Weisberg who addresses all the problems with Posner's work. Weisberg disected Posner like he did the WCR.

Weisberg devoted his life to studying the case. He spent a great deal of time and his own money gathering the research, initiating FOIA suits, etc. Weisberg never had a political axe to grind. He just wanted the truth. He disected the WCR with a microscope and exposed it fallicies and shortcomings. He is so detailed his work is hard to read. In all his work, I never saw where he tried to claim who did it; all he did show was that the WCR was a distortion and in minute detail, demolished every aspect of it.

Lew is right; at this late stage the concrete truth will not be known as to who was actually behind it. However, it has been demonstrated that the Warren Commission Report was a fairy tale.

It has always amazed me how people get emotional on this topic. Some to the point that the WCR is a sacred text rather than a flawed, politically driven whitewash. I was around at the time of the WCR and none of my relatives believed what it said.

VS[/b]
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to make any other comment, but I do not find Weisberg credible. I've read the books, remember the day vividly, been to Dealy plaza, seen the documentaries and studied whatever I can get. My conclusion. Oswald did it and did not need help.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM, a simple question. I too have been to Dealy Plaza and vividly remember the day. Been up in the JFK Museum on the 6th floor and looked out of the window Oswald is supposed to have shot from. Also went behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll and viewed the "X" on the street where reenactments have placed Kennedy at the shooting.

Okay, now my question;

Why would any assasin, be it Oswald or anyone else, wait until the car is driving away from them and further away from the shooter, making the shooter have to shoot at an angle from the window, when the motorcade was initially a straight shot from the window once the motorcade turned towards the School Book Depository?

To me, it would be much easier to have taken a straight and short shot, which is exactly what you see from behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll.

This does not prove anything, mind you, just gives some insight into why so many don't accept the Warren Commission Report as written.

Several books are out, be they in support of the conspiracies or in support of the WCR. Most all are plausible and do make sense, with some just being ridiculous. I can't see where Posner's work is any more or less credible than some of the rest. With each book comes more fuel for the fire and still, we will never know exactly what the truth is. Each has to make up their own minds as to what they believe.

Some things that do disturb me is that much of the evidence that was returned to the Kennedy Family, meaning RFK and including remnants of JFKs brain, have disappeared long ago and cannot today be examined by modern forensics.

One final thing. At the time of the killing, I too owned a 6.5 Carcano for hunting in the Florida Everglades, as they were readily and cheaply available in most Department Stores at the time. It is a much better rifle than given credit for and shoots good. However, it is bolt action requiring a manual reload from the clip for each firing, making even three shots where two hit their targets, a moving target mind you, from that distance, shooting out of a 6th floor window at an angle, a difficult task for even an accomplished marksman. Add to that reports that the scope on Oswalds rifle wasn't even properly aligned and it adds more fuel to the controversy.

Like I said above, though. Everything we state on one side or the other is mostly speculation. If only much of the original evidence was still to be found, maybe it could be put to rest.

Currently there is a small group working on the recording of the shots from the day in hopes of settling exactly how many shots were fired, as that too is in question. Alas, we may never even know that.

Lots of questions, so few answers Confused
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to yourselves - why would you believe Gerald Posner's 'investigation' and book? What makes him so trustworthy? I don't believe Oliver Stones many theories, either, but there is more than enough evidence to convince me that there is much more than meets the eye than the Oswald nutbag theory, and that the Warren Commission's agenda was to cover something very big up.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a great many things that did not add up to the WCR conclusions.

The first was that the alleged weapon had to be modified, not repaired, modified by a gunsmith before it could be sighted in for testing with the scope found with it. So not only was the alleged weapon not sighted in which would have made the weapon useless to hit anything, it was incapable of being sighted in.

Then, the best markmen in the country could not duplicate the superhuman marksmanship of the alleged killer with that now modified and sighted in rifle.

Finally, the HCA had to conclude, based on accoustic data from Dealy Plaza, that there had to be more than one gunman. The controversy over the data was the HAC acknowleged 5 shots but the data indicated that it could be as high as 8 or 9 shots; there was no dispute that there were more than three shots. But with the alleged weapon, despite the physical evidence that it could not have been used as found, anything more than 3 shots indicated more than one shooter. So, the HAC in their official report, acknowledged there had to be more than one shooter even with their conservative criteria for acknowledging how many extra shots.

This of course makes a conspiracy since it is unlikely that a couple of nutjobs decided to shoot at the same time in the same place to commit the crime of the century.

There is much other evidence that shows the WC was trying to cover something up. But the condition of the weapon and the later accoustic test data are pretty solid there was a conspiracy in the crime. Then, the official report of the HAC stating there had to be a second shooter and thus a conspiracy puts it in the public record.

Hence, Posner had to ignore the HAC report. The HAC report confirmed many of the conclusions of the numerous critics of the Warren Commission Report. It didn't really provide any other useful detail but putting into the record that there was more than one shooter pretty much invalidates the WCR conclusions.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shot was short and straight, it missed. Two more by Oswald, a practiced marksman, hit. Why is that so hard to believe? So easy, the conspiracy guys won't believe it. Hell, I or you could have done it. Too simple??

The HAC report has been shown to be in error. No more no less.

Conspriacy theories are full in speculation, inuendo and little evidence. The number of people (hundreds) who would have to been involved would make it difficult to impossible cover. With as many as were involeved in the Warren Commission it would be impossible. I have my conclusion and if you disagree, I'm not going to convince you here. It is tantalizing, I'll admit, but I believe what I believe. Cheers. GMS
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the publisher got the autopsy notes and photos I'l never know but they were available at the local news agency in a folio sized, B&W special edition within weeks of the assasination. It showed an entrance wound in the back below the right shoulder blade penetrating 3/8" without a projectile remaining. It showed the nicked tie at the throat and the tracheotomy to remove the obstruction. There was an entry wound below and behind the right ear. Ican't remember any editorial content but the physical evidence was fixed in my mind and didn't match the Warren Report.

One of the Commissioners, Gerald Ford said J. Edgar Hoover had warned them early in the investigation that he suspected Oswald was CIA and they shouldn't look too close at him. Who knows what twisted agenda Hoover was following but the Commissioners obeyed his warning.

A young Arlen Specter (R/Pa) is the author of the 'Magic Bullet Theory'. John Connelly, the second victim of that marvelous round went to his death rejecting the concept. He carried enough shrapnel in his shoulder, wrist and thigh to debunk the pristine bullet presented as the culprit.

The only sure thing about the assasination is that the Warren Report was seriously flawed.

-Wlm Shakespeare
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
How the publisher got the autopsy notes and photos I'l never know but they were available at the local news agency in a folio sized, B&W special edition within weeks of the assasination. It showed an entrance wound in the back below the right shoulder blade penetrating 3/8" without a projectile remaining. It showed the nicked tie at the throat and the tracheotomy to remove the obstruction. There was an entry wound below and behind the right ear. Ican't remember any editorial content but the physical evidence was fixed in my mind and didn't match the Warren Report.

One of the Commissioners, Gerald Ford said J. Edgar Hoover had warned them early in the investigation that he suspected Oswald was CIA and they shouldn't look too close at him. Who knows what twisted agenda Hoover was following but the Commissioners obeyed his warning.

A young Arlen Specter (R/Pa) is the author of the 'Magic Bullet Theory'. John Connelly, the second victim of that marvelous round went to his death rejecting the concept. He carried enough shrapnel in his shoulder, wrist and thigh to debunk the pristine bullet presented as the culprit.

The only sure thing about the assasination is that the Warren Report was seriously flawed.

Let's see, a Kennedy, a CIA connection, and a coverup. The only thing missing is a Forbes or a Kerry!!

Oops, Sorry my mistake!!
http://www.ajweberman.com/nodules/nodule9.htm

Quote:
JOHN FORBES KERRY, MICHAEL PAINE, LEE HARVEY OSWALD AND JOHN F. KENNEDY
John Forbes Kerry’s mother was Rosemary Forbes, a member of the Brahmin Bostonian Forbes’ who made its name and wealth developing trade routes to bring tea from China. Cameron Forbes was the key player in this undertaking. The Boston Globe reported, “Today, the Forbes’s own most of the Elizabeth Islands off Cape Cod where John Forbes Kerry still goes to sail and ride horses.”

When Lee Harvey Oswald, the fall guy in the Kennedy assassination, lived in Texas prior to the November 22, 1963 coup d’etat he stayed at the home of Michael and Ruth Paine, in Irving, before moving into a rooming house in Dallas. Subsequently he stayed with the Paine’s on weekends. Michael Paine’s mother was Ruth Forbes. Ruth Forbes grandfather was Cameron Forbes. Michael Paine commented, "Uncle Cam [Cameron], W.C. Forbes, yes, there were five brothers there, actually one of them died earlier, but five that I knew. Cam Forbes was Governor of the Philippines and Ambassador to Japan."

David Cabot Forbes was another of Michael Paine's maternal uncles. David Cabot Forbes was a distinguished Bostonian financier who owned many of the Elizabeth Islands including, Naushon Island, located a half-mile from Cape Cod.

On August 26, 1962 John Kerry went boating with JFK. Did the young John Kerry run into Ruth Paine the same summer he met President Kennedy? According to documents released under the JFK Documents Act Ruth Paine’s sister and father were connected with the CIA. Was Ruth Paine informed that Oswald had some tangential connection with the intelligence community and was this why she put him up? Did the fact that Oswald had a connection with people on this social level play a part in the subsequent cover up of the assassination? This is will always remain one of the most closely guarded secrets of the American Government. The truth will never be known.

Has anyone ever been to this website before? The homepage shows Hunt from the Watergate fiasco as a CIA operative. The website lays out what it calls the November 22, 1963 coup.

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: