SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will the Swift Vets Speak at RNC ? THEY SHOULD !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goswiftsgo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Will the Swift Vets Speak at RNC ? THEY SHOULD ! Reply with quote

Everyone will be watching. This would be the best time to show the commercials !!! Right before some of the generals supporting Bush speak !!! Wow, that would be beautiful !
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - the Swifts are not supporters of the President.

There are Democrats, Independents, Greens and Constitutionalists among the Swifts.

They are united only in the attempt to tell the truth about John Kerry's actions during and following the Vietnam war.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Swift Vets Speak at RNC ? THEY SHOULD ! Reply with quote

goswiftsgo wrote:
Everyone will be watching. This would be the best time to show the commercials !!! Right before some of the generals supporting Bush speak !!! Wow, that would be beautiful !

Dont count on it. The cries from the left would be deafening. The Bush camp, even BEFORE the swifties started their ads, has made a point to criticize Kerry based on his career in the Senate and absolutely not touch his military service. They aren't about to change that now.

You do make a good point about playing the ads though....or even better, save the money and play the ads during the debates, when more "undecideds" are tuning in.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the Swift Vets aren't about Bush or the Republicans.

They are only about setting the record straight on their unit, which means - exposing John Kerry. Only that. From what I understand, many of the Swift Vets are Democrats and/or Independents, so an association with the RNC would not go over too well - as well as being the very illegal thing that the Kerry campaign is (falsely) accusing them of.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be suicide for any Swifties to so much as attend the RNC, much less speak there. The Swifties absolutely have to stay away from anything that could be interpreted as supporting Bush. The farther away the RNC and the Swifties stay from each other, the better.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

NO. Absolutely not. If we were to show up for any GOP function or support any GOP candidate (even Bush), it would cheapen everything we are and stand for even it it were legal (which I am almost certain it would not be).

Truth is Beauty
goswiftsgo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: But Zell Miller's Speaking. Reply with quote

Because Swift Vets for Truth is an independent organization, it should use the full power of its reach and support president Bush ! I mean you guys don't want John Kerry right ? I'm sure you guys don't want us voting for Nader ! Swift Boat Vets should endorse president Bush !

Or wait is that a violation of the election laws ? Darn stupid rules. This would have been a killer endorsement !
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats and Liberals alike want the Swifties to attend the GOP Convention... too bad the GOP and the Swifties aren't stupid.
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is a sad thing that people are not looking at the evidence of what the Swiftys are saying, rather they (well, I guess the media) are only trying to scrutinize their political position.

It seems to me, that WHO CARES if they support Bush (and I know that they do not officially), but, honestly, what if BUSH HIMSELF knew some stuff and brought forth some evidence against Kerry? - I suppose Kerry and the liberal media would just say "oh, he's just a Bush supporter" ???

I mean, it is completely idiotic to say that someones argument is invalid simply because they are on the side of the people that support the argument. It's almost illogical. Am I missing something here? Why is the Kerry camp and the liberal media so concerned about who the Swiftys support for President? Kerry just seems to put forth the notion that we should assume all the allegations are false, so therefore, whoever is behind them is wrong, so maybe thats why hes making a big deal saying Bush is behind it, because in his mind Bush would be at fault (because in his mind, he would have us to automatically believe that the allegations are false).

HOWEVER, what if the allegations are TRUE? I would be interested to know what Kerry would say, if some journalist asked him a question like this,

"Sen. Kerry, you are saying that Bush is at fault for being behind this Swiftvet thing, and even that whoever behind it is wrong. Lets just say, for the sake of argument, that the allegations are true. Would the supporters of SwiftVets, Bush or no Bush, not then be justifiable in their bringing out of what they have said? Then wouldnt the only thing that they would be guilty of is revealing the truth to the American people? So, Sen. Kerry, doesnt the crux of this thing hang on whether or not the allegations are true? Isn't that the main issue? If they are false, then whoever is behind them are definitely in the wrong, and should be repremanded as such. But if they are true, then they are not in the wrong. So, Sen. Kerry, the one thing that you can do to stop this whole thing, and to show that whoever is behind the SwiftVets is in the wrong, is to Falsify every alligation that you find so offensive, then we will know that whoever is behind the SwiftVets is in the wrong. Then, and only then, will we know that what the SwiftVets are doing is wrong."

I wish someone would ask him this!!!!!!!!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let history record that Michael Moore-on went to the DNC. That speaks volumns.

SBVFT's agenda is to stop kerry from ascending to CiC status The RNC can get along next week with out the swifties stealing the lime light.
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Swifties should not go anywhere near NYC during the RNC. By the way, Michael Moore looked totally out of place in the Presidential Box at the DNC.
goswiftsgo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: He looked like a Caveman !!! Reply with quote

I think he went to hang out with his buddy Chris Capt Caveman Matthews ! I was watching Scarborough the other night and they showed a DNC commercial, you see that guy smile like he was in heaven ? Yeah sure, he ain't taken sides !
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Matthews defense, I don't think he's ever even pretended to be anything other than a democrat.

I can't think of a worse idea than SBVFT having anything to do with the RNC.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightingale97 wrote:
I agree that Swifties should not go anywhere near NYC during the RNC. By the way, Michael Moore looked totally out of place in the Presidential Box at the DNC.

But he did look in the right place sitting next to Jimmy "Castro" Carter. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Zell Miller
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree. The power of the swiftboat vets message is that it is a simple statement of truth, not a political endorsment.

While I do not think that GW should distance himself from you guys, I think it might be helpful for him to take this opportunity to focus the country on his senate voting record. The two messages compliment each other perfectly. He is anti-defence, anti-intel community, anti national security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: