SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Be careful and watch out for the Kerry Apology!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kintzele
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Be careful and watch out for the Kerry Apology! Reply with quote

John Kerry is a life-long politician and knows better than most how to play the sympathy cards. Look for an apology sometime either right before or right after the convention. He will atempt to get the high ground. The only apology accepted should be his resignation from the presidential race.
Please !! don't let him make a plus of his cowardice.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any "apology" needs to have four elements - and as a "good" Catholic, Kerry should know this: 1) specify what you have done wrong; 2) express regret for having done it; 3) promise to never do anything like it again; and, 4) make amends to those you may have harmed.

If Kerry ever says anything like it, it will most likely be element #2 alone, and it will be self-serving and vacuous, meant only for his own PR aggrandizement. A typical example is his already uttered nonsense about his infamous testimony: poor word choices ("murderers"), and being "over the top" (a self-serving euphemism for "lie"). Remember how Jane Fonda "apologized" to Nam vets. She was sorry, not for anything she had done, but because it was hurtful to some - like they were just too thin skinned and that was their fault!

He also likes to trot out the "I was young and foolish" crap. A 27 year old Yale graduate, veteran of combat as an officer in the Navy, married, a world-travelled son of privilege and extensive, expensive education. I'm sure he told the voters of that Massachusetts Congressional District in 1972 that he was just a dumb kid.

This stuff also has been an element of every political campaign he has waged since then. He's had plenty of chances to "apologize."

It's too late. Too many guys have dirt in their ears now to hear him.
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
Any "apology" needs to have four elements - and as a "good" Catholic, Kerry should know this: 1) specify what you have done wrong; 2) express regret for having done it; 3) promise to never do anything like it again; and, 4) make amends to those you may have harmed.

If Kerry ever says anything like it, it will most likely be element #2 alone, and it will be self-serving and vacuous, meant only for his own PR aggrandizement. A typical example is his already uttered nonsense about his infamous testimony: poor word choices ("murderers"), and being "over the top" (a self-serving euphemism for "lie"). Remember how Jane Fonda "apologized" to Nam vets. She was sorry, not for anything she had done, but because it was hurtful to some - like they were just too thin skinned and that was their fault!

He also likes to trot out the "I was young and foolish" crap. A 27 year old Yale graduate, veteran of combat as an officer in the Navy, married, a world-travelled son of privilege and extensive, expensive education. I'm sure he told the voters of that Massachusetts Congressional District in 1972 that he was just a dumb kid.

This stuff also has been an element of every political campaign he has waged since then. He's had plenty of chances to "apologize."

It's too late. Too many guys have dirt in their ears now to hear him.

Great post. Another element of an apology is that it must be heartfelt. I don't think Hanoi Jane or Ho Chi Kerry understand the seriousness of their support for the Communist North Vietnamese. I was infuriated when I opened up Life magazine while I was pulling my first tour in the former Republic of Vietnam. The photographs showed the demonstrators not only protesting against the war but also waving the NVA flag. It was a stab in the back as far as I was concerned. It was like they were celebrating our deaths.

The only thing that comes close to an apology in my books is for John Kerry to go down a line of Vietnam Veterans, kissing their asses, then withdrawing from the presidential campaign. Edwards can take his place in November.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candidate Kerry hasn't played that "apology" card for 20 years. I doubt he can even find it now!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was like they were celebrating our deaths. "
Oh, they were, and never forget that. Neither one have any respect for us today, either, they just want our stupid, drunken red-neck vote. And we all know it.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to remember on this apology, if it ever comes. He claims to have been am angry young man and has expressed regret his words were over the top, or something like that, already. However, as experessed by another poster recently, how can he now claim to have been an effective war hero when he was even younger?

If anything, he'll say something like, I regret my words hurt some of the people, and play the angry youth card. Don't let him get away with it.

Of course, with is arrogance, we may never see anything cloely resembling an apology either. He's already said he still stands by those words so long ago.
Alpha924
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: kerry, apology! never accepted ! Reply with quote

this guy is, someone that makes up his own world, boarderline insane.

IF he attempted an apology it would be a LIE, and not even he would believe it.

I however, am not completely cold and heartless (for a butcher, and baby killer (according to kerry) IF he were to beg the forgiveness of us Nam Vets I might be able to oblige him right after I forgive Hanoi jane, and I have committed to do that sometime after all the Jews forgive Hitler. I promise.

MGB
Paul
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Worthless "Apologies" Reply with quote

"If Kerry ever says anything like it, it will most likely be element #2 alone[express regret for having done it], and it will be self-serving and vacuous, meant only for his own PR aggrandizement. A typical example is his already uttered nonsense about his infamous testimony: poor word choices ("murderers"), and being "over the top" (a self-serving euphemism for "lie"). Remember how Jane Fonda "apologized" to Nam vets. She was sorry, not for anything she had done, but because it was hurtful to some - like they were just too thin skinned and that was their fault!"

Exactly. These things are outrageous and becoming all too common.
Too many so-called "apologies" are like this these days.

'I'm sorry for how it might have made you feel' kind of rubbish. . . And this was precisely Jane Fonda's non-apology "apology" as well.

To be honest, from what I've seen and heard from John Kerry, then I'd be surprised even to see something as worthless as even this from him.

John Kerry is literally everything at the same time. He holds to the claims of atrocities that he made in the congressional hearings while simultaneously babbling about being proud of his service (raping, pillaging, carrying on like a nomad hun under Ghengis Khan????). . .

And all of that has since become enshrined in American pop culture: novels (some now required reading in our nation's naval and military acadamies today!), movies, history courses from junior high schools through universities, the "war stories" of the many phony vets who were never Vets at all, the phony Vietnam Vets who were Vets but never in Vietnam. Then there's the real phony beauts like Professor Ellis, a Vet but not a Vietnam Vet, which he claimed to be for years as he taught his college history courses on the Vietnam War. And in Ellis' case, Ellis was even a phony war protestor VVAW vet since he'd never been part of the anti-War Movement but claimed to have been in it from the start in his courses as well. . . Amazing.

Sheesh. . . John Kerry as puppet of his famous mentors and all the sorry Hanoi puppets who repeated his lies while stupidly calling others "puppets" helped to create this shabby sticking mess including all of the shabby imitators ever since. . . John Kerry helped to make the Loser Image of the haunted Vietnam Vet popular and one reason in our current society populated by individuals so few of whom have ever served in our armed forces or even had a close acquaintance who served, it's easy to pretend to have been a Vet. . . Just buy a second-hand field jacket or foul weather jacket and act like a loser and an amazing number will believe whatever nonsense one spouts!

Let's face it, this whole rotten crowd helped to so pollute our nation that a draft dodger was elected and then re-elected President whose damage is still ongoing and who gave credence to north Vietnamese propaganda in his '99 speech at the university in Hanoi.

Geez. If John Kerry comes up with the standard, "I'm sorry how it might have made anyone feel" rubbish, then to hell with Senator Kerry.

Actually, to hell with him even if he doesn't. Let him stay in MA, they had the low standards and lack of any trace of self dignity or pride to elect him Senator in the first place and keep re-electing him. Let them keep him. That's a bad enough influence the Commonwealth has imposed upon the rest of us across the nation and enough of Kerry's bad and poisonous influences. More than enough and too much by itself in fact.
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're waiting for Kerry to give a genuine apology, don't hold your breath! If I were to diagnose him (and this would be hard to do without sitting down with him, but not totally impossible) I would say he is classic NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). He fits a majority of the criteria, based upon his past history and present behavior. And one thing abour the Narcissist is that he NEVER apologizes. It's always "everyone else's fault".
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwanLady I hopr you're right, I don't want an apology, and if he doesn't make one it hurts him and helps us. I'd rather see him resign. He can owe me the apology, I won't charge any interest. Laughing
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
SwanLady I hopr you're right, I don't want an apology, and if he doesn't make one it hurts him and helps us. I'd rather see him resign. He can owe me the apology, I won't charge any interest. Laughing

Many people (mostly libs) see an apology as the same as a confession. The fact is, people apologize all the time without meaning a word of it. Think about it: a little kid takes the last cookie from the jar, Mom gets mad and threatens a spanking, the kid gets pouty and apologizes. Everything is alright, right? But the kid, when Mom isn't looking, smiles to himself, remembering how good that cookie tasted!

A smart Mom asks compensation from the child, especially if the cookie was designated for a sibling, something like, oh, next batch your cookie goes to your brother....

In order to be believable, Kerry would have to step down in the race. But he's a Narcissist. He can't do that because he believes he is ENTITLED to be in the White House. He has believed this for years.
xcorpsman-usn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SwanLady"]
Wing Wiper wrote:

In order to be believable, Kerry would have to step down in the race. But he's a Narcissist. He can't do that because he believes he is ENTITLED to be in the White House. He has believed this for years.

Gee Whiz a few years back I looked up narcissist in the funk & wangel and found a picture of Clinton. Now they have put up another one...the dems are certifiable Laughing Laughing Laughing
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xcorpsman-usn"]
SwanLady wrote:
Wing Wiper wrote:

Gee Whiz a few years back I looked up narcissist in the funk & wangel and found a picture of Clinton. Now they have put up another one...the dems are certifiable Laughing Laughing Laughing

We're all speculating here. Seriously, I couldn't do a diagnostic work up without spending many hours with the man and interviewing those closest to him over the years. But many of the top leaders in the world have been posthumously diagnosed as NPD, among them are Adolf Hitler and Nero. Not exactly GOOD company....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: