SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Iraq war veterans here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Any Iraq war veterans here? Reply with quote

Was wondering what the veterans of Desert Storm and the second Iraq war think of Kerry's actions during/after Vietnam after having read about them in Unfit For Command.

-edited for horrible typing-

Last edited by Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a veteran myself, but my husband has served in both Iraq wars. I don't speak for him, but you can guess at our dinner table conversations by the number of posts you see under my moniker in these forums.

Today's military forces are led almost entirely by Vietnam Vets...think of Generals Tommy Franks and Norman Schwarzkopf here...and Kerry's tesitimony that war crimes were not only common in Vietnam but were also known by officers up and down the chain of command, implicates both of them. Today's soldiers aren't buying that for a minute.

Today's soldiers are shocked at the revelation that award citations can be re-written, let alone all of the other alleged exaggerations by John Kerry.

Most of all, the soldiers in Iraq write home that they believe in what they are doing over there...this is NO Vietnam War in their minds and they don't appreciate people trying to make it sound like it is.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: GW1, Afghanistan, GW2 Reply with quote

I did, I despise the creep. He betrayed the unwritten code of honor between troops that fought in a war. There are officers out there now that are trying their best to get in and get their medals then get out, and getting higher medals than what they deserve. Fortunately, sane officers and the enlisted see this and know it for what it is worth.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in Desert Shield and also did Earnest Will ops (boardings) aboard a cruiser in the Persian Gulf (which was my second deployment to the gulf - first was 1989). I think the same thing that many of those who served before me do. Kerry is unfit for command - something I knew before I read the book. To be honest - I based this not on what I know now - but the fact that he tried to represent himself early on in the campaign as having the support of veterans and also some of the cheap shots he took at GWB's service. Only later - when I learned the truth about JK, did I realize how much I really don't want him as President.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Iraq war veterans here? Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Was wondeirng what the veterans of desert storm war and the second Iraq war think of Kerry's actions after having read in Unfit For Command.

I served in Iraq. I haven't read Unfit yet, but I knew about Kerry from his Vietnam days as a propagandist for Hanoi. Now I think he is even more despicable.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Gulf War Veteran and firm supporter of GWB as CIC I'm apalled that this is the best that the Democratic party could come up with. It is embarrasing to think that He (JF'N K) has made it this far. What a slap in the face of the Veterans that have given so much to this great nation, although nothing should suprise me as I remember watching Bill Clinton standing on the beaches of Normandy honoring veterans at the D-Day aniversary. I usually don't question someones military record but WTF everyone needs to go down to the local V.A. hospital and conduct a poll as to how many Purple Hearts these veterans have won. You had those injured and those Hard Core Soldiers that just refused to leave there fellow soldiers. What a discrace to his fellow soldier to first leave country early and second to condem there actions with propaganda after leaving them behind. He is a real piece of work. He is a traitor, and a discrace. I'm Army but I always see any military as being a positive trait for the office of President. The Navy has my greatest respect as do all the branches and while I would love to see a Vietnam Vet in office,,,,,This is not the one......
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
hull
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue to be amazed at the response (or lack thereof) by the mainstream media. Who is out there asking for Kerry's military records? Who is trying to balance the condemning remarks made post Vietnam with his proposed actions in Iraq? NOBODY! He made his record the centerpiece of the campaign-- but the left-wing bias of our media only shows its true colors by refraining from true investigative reporting. I say, more power to you guys (Swiftboate Vets)! You earned the right to speak your peace. godspeed!
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am someone who could be in the civilian workforce very shortly if kerry wins. I have never doubted our direction for the past twelve years, this issue is a dealbreaker for myself and many others.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
I'm not a veteran myself, but my husband has served in both Iraq wars. I don't speak for him, but you can guess at our dinner table conversations by the number of posts you see under my moniker in these forums.

Today's military forces are led almost entirely by Vietnam Vets...think of Generals Tommy Franks and Norman Schwarzkopf here...and Kerry's tesitimony that war crimes were not only common in Vietnam but were also known by officers up and down the chain of command, implicates both of them. Today's soldiers aren't buying that for a minute.

Today's soldiers are shocked at the revelation that award citations can be re-written, let alone all of the other alleged exaggerations by John Kerry.

Most of all, the soldiers in Iraq write home that they believe in what they are doing over there...this is NO Vietnam War in their minds and they don't appreciate people trying to make it sound like it is.

OOH-YAH!...My husband at this moment is on the "JFK" in the Arabian Gulf. He is an Officer with 30+ years of Naval service doing his job. They are there in support of Iraqi Freedom. Daily flights off that carrier provide protection of our troops on the ground. I cannot say too much, but my husband is getting about 3-5 hours sleep per day. The entire crew of that carrier is working hard and their morale is high.
The percentage is also very high, that most, will not be voting for Kerry.
They do not want another man the likes of Clinton in office, who was known by many as the "Coward in Heat".
How right you are, this is NO Vietnam War, not in my husbands mind and there are plenty in the military that feel that way, including me! Evil or Very Mad
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACKM wrote:
As a Gulf War Veteran and firm supporter of GWB as CIC I'm apalled that this is the best that the Democratic party could come up with. It is embarrasing to think that He (JF'N K) has made it this far. What a slap in the face of the Veterans that have given so much to this great nation, although nothing should suprise me as I remember watching Bill Clinton standing on the beaches of Normandy honoring veterans at the D-Day aniversary. I usually don't question someones military record but WTF everyone needs to go down to the local V.A. hospital and conduct a poll as to how many Purple Hearts these veterans have won. You had those injured and those Hard Core Soldiers that just refused to leave there fellow soldiers. What a discrace to his fellow soldier to first leave country early and second to condem there actions with propaganda after leaving them behind. He is a real piece of work. He is a traitor, and a discrace. I'm Army but I always see any military as being a positive trait for the office of President. The Navy has my greatest respect as do all the branches and while I would love to see a Vietnam Vet in office,,,,,This is not the one......

Nothing needs added to this but...OOH-YAH!
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone please just tell their military spouses/friends to send in their ballots early!! MSM are still pretty unified in Kerry's favor and if they keep it up, it will be a tight election. Remember Florida in 2000, where some military ballots arrived after the deadline (or not by election day).
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali-HeyGirl wrote:

OOH-YAH!...My husband at this moment is on the "JFK" in the Arabian Gulf. He is an Officer with 30+ years of Naval service doing his job. They are there in support of Iraqi Freedom. Daily flights off that carrier provide protection of our troops on the ground. I cannot say too much, but my husband is getting about 3-5 hours sleep per day. The entire crew of that carrier is working hard and their morale is high.

Cali-Hey Girl --My spouse was sitting next to a soldier on a flight a few weeks ago and had a long involved talk. He was coming back from Iraq....and, he said the same thing! He understood what the mission was, supported it, and that morale was high! I'm so glad to hear other reports of this. Please tell your husband to be sure that his crew knows that America stands behind them all the way! We are so grateful for all that they do for us.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant imagine that our troops in Iraq would honestly want to back Kerry, at best he promised them he would cut and run in 6 months (something i dont see the our troops supporting) at worst Kerry a traitor to his own men and would be inclined to do the same to our boys in Iraq.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: