SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Vietnam Veteran,
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael B. Smith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>much of what they ask requires an encyclopedia to answer>>

No it doesn't and the responses I have recieved in kind by many WILLING posters here is proof of that!

>>People are too busy to research, and they want answers NOW, which comes off as demanding and self-important.<<

Yes - people are busy - and if they care not to answer, then no one is twisting their arm! AND - I might add - the first post of this thread - my post, was neither demanding or lends any credibility to your statement of coming off as "self-important"

>>People who are looking for answers need to be steered to appropriate places to find the information, <<

Yes they do - that is why I have tried to thank each and every single poster who has responded in kind. And why I am seeking answers elsewhere than on this message board!

>>(And this is not aimed at just the originator of this post, but many participants, here.) <<

Based on your other responses - which I purposely ignored - I would think it was!

Is this not a forum to ask questions?

Or

Is this a forum for back patting and loathing ONLY of a political candidate you find distasteful?

Do you not want us lazy people who think we are to self important to know the truth, or shoudl we continue to go through life ignorant of that truth!

I really find it amazing that a very few people want to shout and scream about allegations Kerry made 30 years ago, side with a group of vets whose aim is to "tell the truth" and then ***** and moan when someone ask questions? I might add - I am the ONLY poster here posting under my real name! I am neither ashamed of my questions or ashamed of my lack of understanding about this issue - I HOPE however, as has been the case thus far - there are Viet vets out there who care to respond and set the record straight.

But - I'll follow your lead, since by your previous responses I have apparently come to the wrong place! - do you want to tell the truth of Vietnam - OR not? If not - I'll understand completely what the goal is here!

respectfully
Michael Berryman Smith
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed the entire gist of that post, Mr. Smith.

Please go back and read the very first line.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I have been looking for any new questions for the last 4 pages. Do you still have any?
eziek
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Testimony Reply with quote

Michael,

My Nam experience included more than 350 air assaults, countless tango boat insertions, the loss of 92 comrades (within a standing company strength of 90). I did not see one wounded VC killed once disabled, no ear collections, rapes, random burning of villages, or shooting at civilians. Within the unit the KIA:WIA ratio was 1:3, PH's were issued after dustoffs, and one silver star and one soldiers medal was awarded within the unit.

You are seeking truth...you will find it here...Just the truth...anything less will represent gross negligence of our collective duty to the remarkable men and woman who are sacrificing their daily comfort, psyche, and lives to allow us to continue our pursuits in safety. Truth is an imperative to continue to attract the best and brightest to sacrifice for a greater good. The courage of SBVT is based on this ideal and is enormously admired for there is no combat pay, no medals to be awarded in this 24/7 fire fight against the unprecendented attacks from every corner in this country supposedly founded on freedom of speech.

Loyalty above all else except honor.
Michael B. Smith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: TEWSPilot Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Michael, I have been looking for any new questions for the last 4 pages. Do you still have any?

No - but thank you for inquireing. All my questions have been answered by a handful of very honorable men. I thank you each.

I will be moving on now, armed with the info yall have given me and have ordered the books mentioned.

In closing - I'd just like to mention that I find it very telling that the admin on this website only allows insults and bombs hurled in one direction and edits and removes responses. I would have expected differently here of all places. But apparently that person doesn't see it that way.

God bless you all - and may you finally find peace.

Sincerely & Fraternally
Michael Berryman Smith
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Yes there were atrocietes But they did not occur on a day to day basis. Im sure the number of rapes was small, probably a comparable percentage of rapes that occured back home was the same or more. He also said the country had created a monster a monster ion the form of millions of men who only know how to trade in violencerapes that
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Michael,
Don't get your undies in a bundle just because some threw bombs. We're glad you asked because this is turning out to be one of the longest threads that I have seen here. Thank you for your respect, and have patience with these vets. We're getting old and finally have a place to vent after more than 40 years. (I'm 60 this year)
Mr. Kerry has finally done something worthwhile in his entire miserable existence. He has forced us to discuss a painful time in our history, and provided a means for the PROUD Viet Nam Vets to get the real honest truth out to the American public. Those two things I thank JFK for. Nothing else. It doesn't override the pain & suffering he caused, but this forum has existed because of his arrogance. To my brother & sister warriorers, welcome home! We are alive and well. Our voices are being heard after all this time. And a special thanks to the SBVs. Carry on, Michael. Smile
Tom Lonze
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: TEWSPilot Reply with quote

Michael B. Smith wrote:

In closing - I'd just like to mention that I find it very telling that the admin on this website only allows insults and bombs hurled in one direction and edits and removes responses.

The only real "bomb" or insult that's been removed was yours.

I still have a copy of it - want me to post it back to the board so that the other posters can see what you REALLY think of an honorable veteran?

YOU opened this whole can of worms by posting like some of our more subtle trolls.. perhaps even innocently.

A mild and joking accusation was met with your deleted blast.

My caution that you needed to reread my post to you was met with commentary on how this board is run, and that was removed.

If you have further comments on the administration of this board, you are invited to address them to me or to me#1you#10 - but posts such as this will NOT remain on the board.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chance to read the reinstated posts by LineGrunt and wanted to clarify my challenge to him and anyone else who claims to have participated in "atrocities" in Vietnam. With the exception of John Kerry, who admits to having committed "atrocities" in Vietnam and documented events such as My Lai -- which were severely prosecuted--, Mr. Burkett and other historians have outed hundreds of posers making similar claim, and to date, even the Naval Investigative Service and other government and private agencies have yet to find a single one who "was ordered" to do what was claimed. The staged cutting off of a dead VC's ear by a CBS photojournalist using two duped soldiers is the only known account even documented.

Quote:
There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

-- John Kerry, on NBC's "Meet the Press" April 18, 1971

Busted by the Historians

John Kerry and the (actually weren't)-Vietnam Veterans Against the War made up those claims for the express purpose of slandering honorable U.S. military personnel and UNDERMINING the war effort, they have been repeated as urban legend by posers for decades, and I mean what I say about putting anyone who wants to sign a sworn affadavit in touch with the proper authorities. There are organizations, even the ACLU, who would represent you at no cost if you fear being charged with crimes. Anyone who had the "courage" to do those things should have the courage to make a public disclosure of it.

'nuf sed?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TEWSPilot Reply with quote

Michael B. Smith wrote:

I will be moving on now, armed with the info yall have given me and have ordered the books mentioned.

You know the old saying: Don't let the door...... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: