SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good news from Rasmussen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Right o Reply with quote

Rocketfett,
I think you've hit the nail on the head....
I talked to my Aunt this morning, one of those who still thinks 'once a democrat always a democrat'....she's 70..
She has been really confused lately. I KNOW the SBVT ad's added to that confusion, she asked me, "You've never talked about Vietnam, could you tell me 'what's the deal with this Kerry guy?'
Ahhh, I said to myself 'gotcha'! I proceed to lay it out, 'between you and me', the level of anger I held towards this man, why I considered him a TRAITOR, and WHY Zell Miller was so angry was because Kerry hadn't changed since Vietnam. Once an AntiWar activist, always an activist. That the democratic party now stands for 'Citizens of the World', and would most likely dump the Constitution the first opportunity they get to 'join' the OWG. And then I told her, "every Vet who's ever died, in any war, would have died in vain."
With only a little back and forth, I told her "Vote your conscience, but don't tell me how you voted, because if you vote for Kerry and tell me, I'm liable to not ever speak to you again."
THAT turned the tide! ONE DEMOCRAT DOWN for Bush! If this conversation is going on all over the country, by regular folks, Kerry is TOAST...
BTW, she's still laboring under the impression that I am still a Democrat too...my party affilitation has been 'unaffiliated' since Carter...Wink (nobody's business)

Yeah...go Swifties..go, go Swifties go....(a little cheer leading...!)

DMLambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagpiper, excellent first hand account! Good for you AND your Aunt! Smile I think that will be something that is a bigger trend than anyone has a clue about right now. Anyone but those involved. Smile
corbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: US Electoral Vote Predictor 2004 Reply with quote

My HTML skills are obviously Lacking so this is a Cut and Paste Thingy...This seems to be an excellent web site for Election Predictions, continuosly updated.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another subtle element in this week's convention that is having, I think, a subliminal effect on Main Street and the Reagan Democrats that might be showing in the polls: all those creepy protestors lurking about and every now and then committing assaults. It's not too hard for folks to make the connection: since these people hate Bush, and so many Democrats hate Bush, these creeps on the street must be Democrats. And Kerry is not disavowing them now, is he? Oh my... Rolling Eyes ...how so unfair...how insensitive...to jump to a conclusion like that...to assume such free-thinking, free-associating people would somehow be linked or co-ordinated by the Democratic Party. The Democrats would never do a thing like that, now would they?

Larry
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the secret weapon, i think, is most of the anti-war crowd
from that time has now grown up and feeling very guilty about their betrayal of our boys in 'nam.

when vote day comes they have a chance to soothe their conscience and will vote against Kerry.
i'm sure that will happen then, when those curtains close.

look what happened in Desert Storm. the riotous celebrations was from those folks doing just that.
they where trying to cleanse their feelings of guilt.

it will happen again and the pols are gonna be in shock
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corbe,

The site you mention is good, but I am starting to have serious doubts. The web-site owner is an unabashed Democrate and strongly pro-Kerry. Until now that hasn't affected his intellectual honestly.....but if you read his recent changes and comments, that seems to be changing as Kerry is imploding. I don't expect it to be unbiased much longer.

A better site that includes approval ratings and demographic shifts as well as raw poll data (and thus a better model in terms of political science) is:

www.electionprojection.com

Truth is Beauty
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Bagpiper. Maybe Swift Boat Vets have touched off what will become a landslide of common sense returning! Lets all work on our Democrat friends that still want to stand up for common sense!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing that Limbaugh just said which I believe directly touches on this and the polling of the next couple weeks, is that Senator Miller's speech WILL effect and touch off a mass defection of Reagan Democrats, LEGITIMATE moderate democrats who are sick and tired of their party being hijacked by the liberal radical fringe elements.

Quote:
Those Reagan Democrats are sick and tired of the pinko liberals cramming their coup takeover of their party down their throats and telling them to shut up. They will not let the kerrys, kennedys, mccauliffes, pelosis, and clintons steal their party anymore.

Quote:
a fog of lies and self-deception that their party is still the party of FDR and JFKENNEDY. It's not. And they have known it for years, but never acted on it.

Brilliant observations. These folks could result in a landslide for GWB.

Quote:
And he can't switch tacks to handle it because SBVT will NOT get off his back! Once you have your boot on a guys throat you keep it there! You do NOT change feet!

WE MUST NOT TAKE OUR BOOTS OFF KERRY'S THROAT! Please remember, it is NOT over until it's over!

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was raised in a major metro area (Chicago) and lived on the west coast following my service in the Navy. I know big towns.

For the past ten years I've lived in Salida, Colorado. Population +/-8000, elevation 7900', and please don't anybody ask me why I'm here.

While in the L.A. area I worked doing Halon installations in high tech settings. One of the people I worked with was from Long Island, and one of the ladies who worked in the company office was named Susie Rasmussen. But, you see, this guy from Long Island just could not get a handle on her name, calling her "Rashmuffin" instead (I'm serious).

He did a similar job on other words, and I'm convinced it just wasn't in his vocabulary to eke out the correct procunciation of "Rasmussen."

So, like a silly song that just won't get itself out of my head, whenever I see the name I, of course, think "Rashmuffin."

All of that being said, and laying any pride aside, I have to ask you who the heck is this Rashmuffin (guy?) and why is (he?) so valid?

Whew! I feel better now.
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of that being said, and laying any pride aside, I have to ask you who the heck is this Rashmuffin (guy?) and why is (he?) so valid?

Please go to http://www.rasmussenreports.com/ to learn about "Rashmuffin". Very Happy

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest AOL straw poll has Bush taking all the states except Washington DC. Kerry had only 3 electoral votes, Bush had all the others!

http://www.electionguide04.com/straw_poll.adp

You have to be a member of AOL to vote and you are only allowed to vote once a month.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vermont just changed to Kerry, he has two states now and 6 electoral votes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: