SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Washington Times article with Swift Boat Vets mention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Great Washington Times article with Swift Boat Vets mention Reply with quote

Great article in Washington Times yesterday entitle, "Whitewashing the Kerry Record." Nice mention of Swiftees too.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040909-083012-6599r.htm

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This justifiably damning exposé of the NYT and Washington Post, coupled with the Dan Rather implosion, make Election 2004 a watershed year: the beginning of the end of Old Media. Oh sure, they'll be bloviating for maybe another few years to ever-shrinking readerships, but for the news and independent thinking, people will look to the rich landscape of the Internet and get the news fresh and real. I submit that the reason most people are still keeping their newspaper subscriptions to leftie newspapers is because of the sports pages or the movie listings. That's the only reason I keep taking 1 of the 2 commie papers available in Seattle.

The reason Rather and CBS got so quickly exposed as frauds is because of the many bloggers who intersect with talk radio and cable TV (God, what would we do without FOX?). We don't need institutionalized pundits and reporters any more interpreting for us, or getting to news sources that in the past we couldn't get to ourselves. Grassroots democracy is coming back to "We, The People," and I dare say, nothing infuriates the liberal condescending elite more than that. How can they any longer, with their greater intellect and moral superiority, tell us what to do and think if we don't listen to them? Their jobs and their special jealous priesthoods of "access" are at stake. But all the honest, do-the-hard-work journalism is now mostly found only on the blogs (with a few minor exceptions in the dying print media, such as Krauthammer), talk radio, and Cable TV. Rock stars like Mark Steyn and Billy Kristol are easily available via your keyboard, for free...ain't it great?

Viva la revolución, baby! Cool
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single most important thing that keeps the MSM in business is advertisers. In my business I made a decision last year to totally revamp the media in which I advertise. My first and most important venue is my website. Then, I only advertise in non-political local "of-interest" magazines and door hangers. I have cut all radio and newspaper advertising 100% gone. My choices for advertising do not have editorials at all. When car dealers and other big advertisers stop using the MSM and start offering their products and services on the internet the MSM will collapse and to that I say good riddance. I have no intention of supporting journalistic imperialism with my advertising dollars. All it would take would be 20% fewer advertising dollars spent with the MSM to send them down the toilet. We need to make sure that we spend our dollars with merchants who only market their products and services through non-journalistic media.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whole heartedly agree.

This morning I received a call from the telemarketers from the KC Star (another Liberal paper) and the gal said there was no way anyone could refuse the offer they were having. For only a dollar a week I could get the paper delivered. When I let her know that I was not interested she insisted to know the reason. I let her know that I was through with the bias liberal slated rag that they were selling.
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Washington Post Reply with quote

Larrygj,
while I would concur with your conclusions of the numbered days for the MSM I would like to give credit where credit is due : The Washington Post might be called "somewhat liberal", nuanced but I usually don't perceive their content as grossly unfair - such as CBS, NYT and all the other left-wing Blather out there..

MAXX (From Austria)
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I let her know that I was through with the bias liberal slated rag that they were selling.

That really shuts them up, doesn't it? I've been telling them the same thing here, when they call, for a couple of years. An "offer I can't refuse"? Heh...heh, watch me. Laughing
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it shut her up fast. Like I hit her across the mouth with a fresh mackrel.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In similar fashion, a young lady with an ACT t-shirt came to my door and wanted to ask a series of questions about voting. I let her ask a few questions before laughing and telling her what I thought of her candidate. I asked her a few pointed questions about her ACT group and whether they were out gathering support for her guy or getting people to vote which she claimed at first. She refused to answer and denied that the group was supporting Kerry. I was holding the local newspaper that told they were coming through the area and their affiliation to Kerry. I guess they think only their questions apply and lying is ok. My wife thought I was being rude until she read the article and understood.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarryGJ, greetings from Magnolia. I get the Seattle P-I strictly for local news, sports and the funny papers (which they call "Opinion"). Maybe you caught Joel Connelly's column last week:
Quote:
"It doesn't matter if the story turns out to be false. The crew on
Kerry's boat -- and the captain of a nearby swift boat that was in action --
back up the candidate's account of the Mekong Delta rescue under fire for
which he was awarded the Silver Star."

So he's mixed up the medals on the only incident cited, and seems unaware it's just one among dozens, so I sent a pointed but civil correction. I got the following imperious reply:
Quote:
With phrases like "lazy" and "if you are genuinely interested in the
truth," you have turned me off with your rudeness and boorishness.
Hence, I have no wish to deal with you.
jc

And they wonder why their circulation just goes down, down, down...
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billman,

What arrogance and stupidity not to admit his mistake. I plan to cancel my Seattle Times subscription that does nothing but parrot the NYT and AP party line, maybe you should consider doing the same to the Seattle P.I., or as I like to call it, the Peoples Ignorance.

Fortunately, thanks to the Internet, their control over what I get in the way of news is zero.

Larry
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only get the sunday paper for the ads and coupons.... they've told me for years they don't deliver just sundays.... so I just threw them out.... the last time they called for me to renew - that's the condition I gave them ....I'd renew if I could get sunday only (here it costs as much for me to go buy a sunday paper and I live so far out, it isn't worth the gas it would cost me).... any way, they finally agreed.... my paperperson looses his/her mind about every month and unsubscribes me... they started it back up again and started leaving the m-s papers, so I just let them pile up in the driveway.... after about a week, they went back to delivering sunday only. Even on Sunday I throw everything out except the coupons and store ads.... I quit reading that stuff 3 yrs ago!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
tfiks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Puget Sound's terrible papers Reply with quote

It's interesting to hear the complaints about the Seattle Times and P-I. I live in Tacoma, where one would think the proximity to Ft Lewis and McCord AFB would moderate the knee-jerk liberalism of the Tacoma News Tribune.
No such luck.
I've emailed the news editor, David Zeeck, a number of times about the biased SBVT coverage and he's hopeless. The editorial page editor, David Seago, is totally uninformed about anything that isn't in the NYT or the AP wire. After reading the Tacoma News Tribune religiously for almost 45 years, I'm about ready to cancel my subscription. I just can't bring myself, however, to shut myself off from all of the community news that's in the paper. I'm in a quandary.
shadowy1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read my local paper in years, but I'm going to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal because they have a conservative editorial page. I also saw where National Review Online needs contributions because some Islamofascist sued them (they won). I'm going to try to be better about sending some money to these online sites I enjoy. I want to see them stay in business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: