SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio: Van Odell debates Del Sandusky - Sep 22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Audio: Van Odell debates Del Sandusky - Sep 22 Reply with quote

From the "Latest News" and the "TV Ads and Videos" page of our main website, here's a link to a radio debate between Van Odell and Del Sandusky on the "Lynne Breidenbach Show", Sep 22. The Kerry campaign avoids head-to-head matchups between Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and members of Kerry's own diminutive "Band of Brothers," and after hearing this you'll understand why.

Van Odell is FANTASTIC!

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!!!!

Way to go, Van Odell! Beat them with the truth - it'll win every debate, every time.

Great spokesman!
Ticker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Sounds to me like Van & Lynne laid a better ambush for Del
than he faced on Mar. 13, 1969. Laughing
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. Sandusky will be here (Naples FL) on the 28th. Maybe I will have a chance to ask a few questions. Like, "Was Rassman wounded when you picked him up after he fell overboard?"

Sam
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding job, Van Odell. You have my sincerest respect.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio: Van Odell debates Del Sandusky - Sep 22 Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
From the "Latest News" and the "TV Ads and Videos" page of our main website, here's a link to a radio debate between Van Odell and Del Sandusky on the "Lynne Breidenbach Show", Sep 22.

Van Odell is FANTASTIC!

Thanks for this link #1,

Currently listening to it and am impressed by Van's logic. One important thing I have picked up thus far is Sandusky admitting he never witnessed an atrocity commited by a American soldier, rather he says after he was wounded and in the hospital he heard stories from many vets of atrocities. This seems to be a common thread among Kerry people. They all have heard of atrocities but never witnessed them.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Sandusky vs. Odell Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Outstanding job, Van Odell. You have my sincerest respect.

Van Odell did a very good job. Sandusky held his ground, but seemed surprisingly vague and imprecise. His mantra was simply that there was heavy fire. He explicitly did not say that his boat took fire damage that day. He asked, in a lawyerly way, how do you explain the bullet holes and blown out windows? In short he provided no compelling facts as to the merits of his case. He also seemed stunned when Van Odell said he took Kerry on his boat out to the CG Vessel and Kerry was not bleeding.

Van Odell did a great job on the atrocity arguments and as others have noted got Sandusky to acknowledge that he had not personally witnessed any.

Overall a great job. The transcript should be sent to BOR and others to reinforce the message.

Great post!

Bernie
DerbyRed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Aristotle . . . .Sweeeeeeeeet. That’s probably been the LEAST asked FAQ in this whole deal. None of the “Bund of Brothers” ever mention Rassman’s PH -- probably because it’s not going to be e-z to suddenly insert a “wounding-event” into their version of the action.

The O’Dell-vs-Sandusky audio is dynamite!! We had Sandusky and Skip Barker together up the road in Fayetteville about three weeks ago at a “Pro-Kerry Rally” (sic). He’s not the brightest bulb in the hallway. He upped the ante by saying that (paraphrase): SBVFT were lying; and, jfk needed surgery on two of the three “wounds” he rec’d in RVN.

Back to the audio . . . Sandusky sank himself right off when he brought up Larry Thurlow’s BS Citation mentioning withering enemy fire. O’Dell had the comeback nailed. The only person who could possible have known how “overstated” the citation narrative was going to be . . . jfk!!!! Gotta luv Sandusky’s feigning not to know who he was talking to. > > > GBA/cul/dmm
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandusky's defense of JFK amounted to "He's a hero...he's a hero..." almost mantra-like towards the end there.

I found it interesting that:

(1) Sandusky has been hospitalized twice for PTSD (according to him - his own comment - unless I mis-heard).

(2) Sandusky couldn't name an atrocity, and only talked about HEARING of them (as someone said).

(3) Sandusky insisted that Kerry in 1971 had *NOT* accused his fellow vets of widespread atrocities "on a day-to-day basis". Sandusky insisted several times that Kerry never said "day-to-day", and had never accused himself (Kerry) or his own unit (Swift Boats). Of course, Sandusky is wrong on both counts (just look up the 1971 transcript).

I am trying to imagine where Sandusky is coming from. Maybe Kerry, VVAW, and psycho-therapists just suckered Sandusky into a bill of goods - a pile of stories - and he doesn't want to admit it? Kerry was his CO. They somehow bonded. Maybe Sandusky just can't deal with any information that makes Kerry look bad?

I also found Sandusky's comment interesting, about the SBVfT guys, something like 'They were our friends and now all the sudden they've gone to the other side, I don't know why.' I would love to be a fly on the wall at the next SBV re-union....will Sandusky talk to Thurlow and Odell? and finally be set right? or argue with them? etc.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Sandusky Reply with quote

Im sorry guys, you can keep putting lipstick on this pig but it doesn't change the fact this guy is knowingly lying, not badly mistaken.

All the medals flap can be debated and honestly debated from thirty years ago but I this guy saying Kerry didn't say what we've all seen on video many times is NOT merely being mistaken nor is it open for interpretation. This guy is a political Kerry Koolaid drinker that has been recruited and briefed on the DNC talking points.

He started off the interview obfuscating about how long he served under Kerry. Thats not what someone does when they really believe they are right.

Just my impression.
Larry
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van Odell did a great job. I wished he'd challenged Sandusky on his time with Kerry. Sandusky made it sound like he was there for every single one of Kerry's medals.

Now I have to find a thread about this 10th Swift boat vet who witnessed the Bronze start incident.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for the election.....when Kerry is gone and this stuff doesn't matter...
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandusky has said that he remembers Kerry "all shot and bleeding." I'd love to ask him where Kerry was shot and from where was he bleeding?
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
Sandusky has said that he remembers Kerry "all shot and bleeding." I'd love to ask him where Kerry was shot and from where was he bleeding?

So noted, If I am allowed two questions on the 28th.

Sam
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandusky talking about the relationship between he and Kerry after the war is laughable.

This from the Boston Globe......
Over the years, Kerry has remained close to many of his crewmates, helping some cope with life's rough patches; he helped arrange for Del Sandusky, a crewmate who was on FleetCenter stage last Thursday, to receive help for alcohol abuse and depression years ago and kept in touch with Sandusky's doctors for years after.

http://chat.forclark.com/comments/2004/7/31/214242/040/263
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: